The Hamilton Small Business Enterprise Centre provides the information and tools that entrepreneurs need to grow their businesses. The Centre is a one-stop source for business information, guidance and professional advice on starting and running a successful business .
The Small Business Enterprise Centre provides free consultations to help entrepreneurs:
- Prepare business plans
- Identify rules and regulations that could impact your business
- Understand which government and private sector programs apply to your business
- Help during your crucial start-up and growth stages
Seminars and Workshops
The City of Hamilton’s Small Business Enterprise Centre hosts the following four seminars and workshops for anyone interested in learning about business:
- 10 Steps to Starting a Business - discover tools, resources and regulations you need to know when starting a business.
- Business Planning - provides guidance on writing a business plan for your small business
- Marketing Strategies and Social Media - discusses how to develop a marketing plan and how to use social media for small business
- Bookkeeping and Taxation Basics - learn the fundamentals of a bookkeeping system and why you should keep good business records.
Futurpreneur Canada (former CYBF)
Futurpreneur Canada (former CYBF) is a national charity providing pre-launch coaching, business resources, start-up financing and mentoring to help you start your own successful business. This program is for youth between 18 and 39 years old with a business idea.
Summer Company is a key component of the Ontario government’s young entrepreneurs programs, to encourage more young people to turn their talents into creative and innovative businesses. Summer Company provides hands-on business training and mentoring, together with up to $3000 to help students between 15 and 29 years of age start up and run their businesses.
Starter Company program
The Starter Company program is part of Ontario’s Youth Job Strategy. It helps young people find jobs and start their own businesses while helping employers find skilled workers. Starter Company provides mentoring, training and up to $5000 for youth to start, grow or buy a small business.
Eligible candidates include:
- Ontario residents between 18 and 29 years of age
- People not attending school full time
- Those looking to start a full-time business.
The program is six to eight months in length, with ongoing mentoring and training. The Small Business Enterprise Centres run this program. If you are interested in the program, come to an orientation to learn more.
Small Business Enterprise Centre
City Hall, 71 Main Street West, 1st Floor
Hamilton, Ontario L8R 4Y5
- Date modified: