Permits & Inspections

Health Inspections

Before you open your business, make sure you have the required health inspections.

Beauty and body art

Child care centres

Food premises and restaurants

Group homes, lodging homes and funeral homes

  • Book an inspection for your group home or funeral home by calling Public Health at 905-546-2489.
  • Apply for a business license and get an inspection for your lodging home.

Public places and workplaces

Residential care facilities

Stores that sell tobacco

Facilities with swimming pools, spas and hot tubs

Facilities with cooling towers

  • Book an inspection for your cooling tower, as required by the Cooling Tower By-law, before it is operational. Cooling towers must be inspected and approved by Public Health.
  • Register your Cooling Tower with the City of Hamilton.