Curbside bike parking
There are hundreds of curbside bike parking spots found throughout the city.
Would you like to request curbside bike parking?
Complete the online curbside bike parking request form.
Secure bike parking in Hamilton
- Secure bike parking provides superior protection for your bicycle over the conventional bike rack.
- There are over 50 secure bike parking spots located in downtown Hamilton.
- You must have a pass to enter the secure parking area.
- Bikes are stored vertically onto the storage system. One U-Lock can secure both tires and the frame of the bike.
- Secure bike parking facilities are monitored and access is limited to reduce the chance of damage or theft.
Secure bike parking provides an excellent option to store your bike for the day as you commute to and from work.
Smart Commute Employer Secure Bike Parking
City of Hamilton
The City has enclosed bike racks at various locations for the benefit of City employees - the three locations that are also available to the public (described above) and at two other locations specific for City staff:
- 330 Wentworth Street North
- contact Tarquin Adams, 905-546-2424 ext.6386
- The Lister Block
- contact Rebecca Edgar, 905-546-2424 ext. 5700
Government of Canada
The Government of Canada building (the Federal Building on Bay St.) has enclosed bike racks for staff in a controlled access area.
Hamilton Health Sciences
Hamilton Health Sciences has enclosed bike racks for staff (free) at their following facilities:
- Hamilton General Hospital - by the parking garage,
- Juravinski Hospital - by the parking garage,
- McMaster University Medical Centre - near the front entrance.
- For staff to arrange access to these facilities, they are to contact Krista at MUMC Security ext.76447
Alectra Utilities (formerly Horizon Utilities)
Alectra Utilities (formerly Horizon Utilities) has 10 secure bike parking spaces for employees.
McMaster University has bike lockers and enclosed bike racks that are available to staff, faculty, and students.
Mohawk College has a 48-spot secured bike parking facility at the Fennell Campus that is available to staff, faculty, and students. Memberships can be purchased at the Campus Store.
St. Joseph’s Healthcare
St. Joseph’s Healthcare has 12 secure bike parking spaces for employees.
Purchase a secure bike parking pass
The City, with the financial assistance of Metrolinx, provides enclosed bike racks at the following locations:
- 32 York Boulevard: in the York Boulevard Parkade near the Vine St. access
- 36 Hunter Street East: GO Transit offers reserved bike parking at the Hamilton GO Centre
- 80 Main Street West: in the Convention Centre Parkade
- 71 Main Street West: at City Hall in the rear parking lot on the east side of the lower level garage
Passes are available for $50 per year and guarantee you a parking spot at one of our parking facilites for the year.
How to purchase a pass
To purchase a pass, you will need to:
Fix-It Stations include the tools necessary to perform basic bike repairs and maintenance, from changing a flat to adjusting brakes. Hanging the bike from the hanger arms allows the pedals and wheels to spin freely while making adjustments.
You can find the repair stations at these locations:
- Bayfront Park, at the trail entrance
- Gage Park, at the Cumberland Ave entrance
- Lifesaver Park, at the Cumberland Ave entrance
- York Boulevard, at McNab Street, near the Farmer's Market
Use the map below to find a Find a fixit station close to you!
Map of secure bike parking facilities in Hamilton
For further information regarding the bike rack program contact:
Phone: 905-546-2424 Ext. 2553
Email: [email protected]
- Date modified: