Update: Two down-bound lanes now open for Claremont Access, Sherman Access to be reduced to one lane starting April 1
The Hamilton Cycling Committee (HCyC) is an advisory committee to the City of Hamilton Public Works Department. We are comprised of citizens - including both recreational and commuter cyclists. What we have in common is a desire to make cycling safe, fun and easy in Hamilton.
Some of the objectives of the Hamilton Cycling Committee's mandate are:
- To provide a liaison between cyclists and the City
- To advise staff and Council on bicycling facilities and issues
- To advance cycling as a feasible mode of transport in Hamilton
- To promote cycling safety. Click here for a PDF of a postcard that highlights cycling safety tips for both cyclists and motorists. Also check out the "safety" tab on the left for more tips.
The Hamilton Cycling Committee typically meets the first Wednesday of every month at 5:30 p.m.at Hamilton City Hall, room 192. We welcome those enthusiastic about cycling to drop by and attend one of our meetings.
The Cycling Committee makes annual presentations to the City's Public Works Committee. These presentations are posted here for public interest.
- June 2011 (PDF, 1.17 MB)
- September 2012 (PDF, 741 KB)
- October 2013 (PDF, 1.06 MB)
- September 2014 (PDF, 408 KB)
Minutes of the HCyC are communicated to the City’s Public Works Committee (PWC) and are included in the PWC agendas.
- Date modified: