Update: Two down-bound lanes open for Claremont Access. Sherman Access is reduced to one lane.
Secure bike parking provides superior protection for your bicycle over the conventional bike rack. There are over 50 secure bike parking spots located in downtown Hamilton. You must have a pass to enter the secure parking area. Bikes are stored vertically onto the storage system. One U-Lock can secure both tires and the frame of the bike. Secure bike parking facilities are monitored and access is limited to reduce the chance of damage or theft. Secure bike parking provides an excellent option to store your bike for the day as you commute to and from work.
The City, with the financial assistance of Metrolinx, provides enclosed bike racks at the following locations:
- 32 York Boulevard: in the York Boulevard Parkade near the Vine St. access
- 36 Hunter Street East: GO Transit offers reserved bike parking at the Hamilton GO Centre
- 80 Main Street West: in the Convention Centre Parkade
- 71 Main Street West: at City Hall in the rear parking lot on the east side of the lower level garage
City of Hamilton
The City has enclosed bike racks at various locations for the benefit of City employees - the three locations that are also available to the public (described above) and at two other locations specific for City staff:
- 330 Wentworth Street North
- contact Tarquin Adams, 905-546-2424 ext.6386
- The Lister Block
- contact Rebecca Edgar, 905-546-2424 ext. 5700
Government of Canada
The Government of Canada building (the Federal Building on Bay St.) has enclosed bike racks for staff in a controlled access area.
Hamilton Health Sciences
Hamilton Health Sciences has enclosed bike racks for staff (free) at their following facilities:
- Chedoke Hospital - near the Wilcox Building,
- Hamilton General Hospital - by the parking garage,
- Juravinski Hospital - by the parking garage,
- McMaster University Medical Centre - near the front entrance.
- For staff to arrange access to these facilities, they are to contact Krista at MUMC Security ext.76447
Alectra Utilities (formerly Horizon Utilities)
Alectra Utilities (formerly Horizon Utilities) has 10 secure bike parking spaces for employees.
McMaster University has bike lockers and enclosed bike racks that are available to staff, faculty, and students.
Mohawk College has a 48-spot secured bike parking facility at the Fennell Campus that is available to staff, faculty, and students. Memberships can be purchased at the Campus Store.
St. Joseph’s Healthcare
St. Joseph’s Healthcare has 12 secure bike parking spaces for employees.
Purchase a pass
Passes are available for $50 per year and guarantee you a parking spot at one of the parking facilites for the year.
To purchase a pass, fill out the registration form and submit it to:
Hamilton Municipal Parking System
80 Main Street West (at Summers Lane),
Hamilton, Ontario L8P 1H6
For further information regarding the bike rack program contact:
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 2066
- Date modified: