Was your home hit hard by the recent heavy rainfall on April 20, 2017, causing flooding to your basement?
Lawn signs asking drivers to slow down are now available to residents of Hamilton. These signs promote safer streets and remind drivers to reduce their speed in residential areas. The signs are not enforceable by Hamilton Police Services, however, enforcement of the legal posted speed limit is. The safety of all road users is a priority for the City.
The signs can be erected year round. However, the April to November timeframe is recommended to maximize visibility and minimize weather impact on the signs so they can be reused.
How to get your sign
Each household is eligible to receive one free sign. Signs are available for pick-up at Ward Councillor offices located at:
Hamilton City Hall
71 Main St. W., 2nd floor
Hamilton, ON L8P 4Y5
Guidelines for sign placement
- For residential streets only
- Residential front or side lawns
- No more than 2 feet from curb
- Inserted into ground using wire frames only
- Where it will not obstruct sight lines
- As supplied and without further illumination or the use of reflective tape
- Date modified: