Update: Two down-bound lanes now open for Claremont Access, Sherman Access to be reduced to one lane starting April 1
Traffic sign reports and requests
Request new traffic signs or report damaged or missing traffic signs by:
- Phone: 905-546-4376
- Email: TrafficOps@hamilton.ca
Identify the following in your report:
- What your request is for:
- New street name sign (people getting lost as there is no sign identifying the street at corner or intersection)
- New no parking sign on City property
- New no parking sign on private property
- New regulatory sign (i.e., stop sign, deaf child sign, blind child sign, speed limit sign, truck route sign, one way sign, deer crossing sign, playground sign, flashing school zone sign)
- Replacement of sign (missing), indicating which sign is needed
- Repair of sign (damaged), indicating which sign needs repair
- Location for new sign, replacement sign or repair of sign
To report damaged or missing signs on school property, contact the appropriate school board:
- Public School Board: 905-527-5092
- Separate School Board: 905-525-2930
- French District Catholic School Board: 1-800-274-3764
To report a damaged or missing police bait sign:
- These signs are often posted in common parking lots such as at shopping malls
- These signs are posted when Hamilton Police Services has set-up a police bait vehicle in the parking lot to help capture thieves or vandals
Request a new stop sign.
Traffic arm at Sherman Access
Hours for one-way travel on the Sherman Access:
- The Sherman Access is one way down-bound from 6:50 am to 9:10 am.
- The Sherman Access is one way up-bound from 3:50 pm to 6:10 pm.
- At all other times, the Sherman Access accommodates two-way traffic.
Report repair and maintenance needed on the Sherman Access by calling 905-546-2489 and identifying the following:
- If there is a problem with the traffic arm not being up or down at the correct time
- If there a problem at the top or the bottom of the Sherman Access
- Date modified: