Was your home hit hard by the recent heavy rainfall on April 20, 2017, causing flooding to your basement?
The Hamilton in Bloom sponsorship program turns traffic islands into beautiful flower beds. The program offers a great opportunity to reach your target market in an innovative way.
Your sponsorship will be recognized in several ways, including the installation of a sign visible to motorists and pedestrians who travel by the flower beds every day. The response from residents and visitors to this innovative sponsorship program has been overwhelmingly positive.
Benefits of sponsorship
Benefits of the Hamilton in Bloom sponsorship program:
- Reach your target audience in an innovative way
- The Hamilton In Bloom program improves our air quality by reducing airborne dust and pollution.
- Great visibility to motorists and pedestrians.
- Vibrant colours and lush greenery in the traffic islands provide both residents and tourists with a sense of peace, pleasure and civic pride.
|Participation Benefits||Silver Bloom||Gold Bloom||Platinum Bloom|
|Flower Island Location Signage||Small sign: name only||Medium sign: name, website, logo||Large sign: name, website, logo|
||Name recognition||Logo recognition||Name & logo recognition|
|Admission to the Hamilton in Bloom Celebration Event||Two tickets to the event||Four tickets to the event||Six tickets to the event|
|Celebration Event Program||Name listed in program||Name listed in program||Logo listed in program|
|Certificate of Appreciation||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Admission to the Hamilton Fall Garden & Mum Show||No||Two tickets to the show||Four tickets to the show|
|Marketing & Promotional Opportunities||Name recognition on donor board at Gage Park Horticulture Facility||Logo recognition on donor board of Gage Park Horticulture Facility||Logo recognition on donor board at Gage Park Horticulture Facility.
Name recognition on Gage Park electrical sign.
|Cost||$500 - 999||$1000 - 4,999||$5,000 Plus|
How to sponsor a traffic island
For over 15 years, private citizens, businesses, organizations and service clubs have contributed funds to beautify and maintain flower islands. We can customize a partnership and marketing program for your business. We can promote your organization at events such as the Hamilton Fall Garden and Mum Show.
- Visit Hamilton in Bloom or contact Alex Moroz, Community Liaison Coordinator at 905-546-2424 ext. 1482 for available traffic island locations.
- Send your completed Sponsorship Confirmation Form (PDF, 3.23 MB) along with a cheque for your sponsorship to:
Attention: Alex Moroz
Environmental Services Division, City of Hamilton
71 Main Street West
Hamilton, Ontario L8P 4Y5
- City staff maintain the flower island-planting, watering and weeding. We put a sponsorship sign at the flower bed you sponsor.
Cost of sponsoring a traffic island
The cost to sponsor a gateway island for one year is $1500. These locations have high visibility as entrance ways to our city. Sponsorship of a gateway island includes:
- Name and logo on sign in traffic island
- Website with logo recognition
- Tax receipt
- Certificate of Appreciation
The cost to sponsor a Downtown island for one year is $1000. During the winter months, Christmas trees are lit on the islands. Limited opportunities are available. Sponsorship of Downtown islands includes:
- Name, logo and website on sign in traffic island
Silver Bloom recognition and benefits
For more information on the Hamilton in Bloom Sponsorship Program, contact the Community Liaison Coordinator at 905-546-2424 ext. 1482.
Hamilton in Bloom 2015 sponsors
- Ancaster Mill
- Chris Cross Landscaping and Design Inc
- Environmental Services Management Team
- ESB Lawyers LLP
- Frank Butty Limited
- Garden Club of Hamilton
- Gumiero Holdings Inc
- Hamilton Wentworth Occasional Teachers
- Heritage Household Services
- Hillfield Strathallan College
- Hotz Environmental
- Knowles Bequest Fund
- L.I.U.N.A., Labourers International, Liuna Station and Liuna Gardens
- Macassa Bay Yacht Club
- Merlo Electric
- Morrison Moving
- Mountain Animal Hospital
- Orlick Industries Ltd.
- Romar Electric Services
- Scottish Rite
- Soil-Mat Engineers + Consultants
- Stoney Creek Horticultural Society
- Tony’s No Frills #723
- TRALCO-Lingo Fun
- West Town Bar & Grill
- Wilson, W.I. (Landane House)
- Wilson Blanchard Management Hughson Business Corporation
- Ron and Sheryl Zabrok
- Date modified: