The City of Hamilton has 63 municipal car parks and two parking structures for a total of 4,681 off-street parking spaces. All City-owned parking lots are labelled with the green "P". Not all public parking lots are owned by the City of Hamilton.
The off-street municipal car parks are unattended. These lots are first-come, first-served.
- The two parking structures are operated by cashier and pay at the machine.
- Each parking lot has either parking meters or pay and display machines.
- Coins are the predominant method of payment.
- You must display your ticket.;
- If you do not have your ticket displayed, you are required to pay for the day's parking or be subject to a Parking Infraction Notice. No refunds will be issued.
Find a municipal car park near you
To find a municipal car park near you, enter an address or intersection into the search box.
Special event rates are as posted.
Car Share parking
The Hamilton Municipal Parking System provides nine parking spaces in seven locations where the public can access Car Share vehicles.
Preferential carpool parking is provided to employees of the Smart Commute Network. Carpool parking spots are located in:
- several municipal lots
- other partner organizations
- private parking lots
Monthly parking passes
Monthly parking passes are available for select municipal car parks.
Contact us to inquire about a monthly pass:
Most car parks operate from Monday to Saturday (excluding Sunday and holidays).
- Date modified: