- Cost of all meters in the City of Hamilton is $2 per hour
- Operational hours:
- in Hamilton are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday from 8 am to 6 pm, and Thursday and Friday from 9 am to 9 pm
- in Dundas are Monday through Friday from 8 am to 6 pm
- Some meters in the downtown core are exempt from paying after 6 pm and/or free on Saturdays. Please check the parking meter while making payment which displays the operational hours on the front face of the meter to ensure compliance
- The maximum amount of time for purchase varies by area. Please check the parking meter for the maximum time for purchase.
- Some streets with meters contain morning and/or afternoon peak rush hour restrictions. Please check the parking meter and regulated signage in the metered area to ensure there is no restriction while parked
Pre-Christmas free parking
The City of Hamilton offers pre-Christmas free parking at select meters and lots across the city.
Pay and display machines
Pay and Display machines, or P&D machines, are multi-space parking pay machines found in most City car parks.
P&D machines are:
- solar powered
- have an electronic display
- easy to use
After you park, pay for the amount of parking you need. You will get a receipt to put on your dashboard face up. If the machine is not working, use a different one.
The average daily parking rate in Hamilton municipal car parks is $5.58
Report a repair or maintenance issue
Report repair and maintenance issues by:
- Phone: 905-540-6000
- Email: [email protected]
You will need to report:
- The location of the parking meter
- The number on the parking meter
- The location of the car park, if you are reporting a Pay & Display machine
Repair/maintenance of machines and meters
Technicians inspect the parking meters every day. Response time to repair a reported malfunctioning meter is under 24 hours.
If you received a parking ticket due to a malfunctioning meter or would like to dispute the fine, contact the Hamilton Municipal Parking System office Monday to Friday 9 am to 4 pm at 80 Main Street West, Hamilton. The entrance is off of Summers Lane, opposite City Hall.
- Date modified: