The City of Hamilton’s Reserved Accessible On-Street Permit Parking program offers eligible applicants with one "No Parking Except by Permit" parking space near their home and issues a permit to the applicant.
To be eligible for a Reserved Accessible On-Street Parking Permit, you must:
- Resident must have a valid permanent Accessible Parking Permit issued by the Province of Ontario
- Resident must live on the street the Accessible Parking Permit is being requested for.
- Provide proof that the vehicle is registered to your address, either in your name or in the name of another person living at your address.
- Be the operator of the vehicle or be dependent upon another person for transportation.
- Does not have a driveway or other suitable off-street parking available.
- Live in a one, two or three family dwelling unit.
- Have a minimum length of 6 metres for an accessible parking space that doesn't protrude across neighbouring property lines. If the parking space cannot be accommodated directly in front of the residence, the parking space may be moved in front of a neighbouring home. However, the resident must obtain permission of the affected property owner by submitting a letter of understanding. A letter of understanding can be obtained from the Hamilton Municipal Parking Office at [email protected] or 905-540-6000.
Permits are not issued to any vehicle:
- over 4500 kilograms
- over 6.4 metres (21 feet) in length
- with dual rear wheels or tandem rear axles
- that is a tow truck
- that is a bus, or a bus converted for other use
- that is not a motor vehicle
How to apply for a Reserved Accessible On-Street Parking Permit
To apply for a Reserved Accessible On-Street Parking Permit, you must:
- Ensure that you meet the requirements.
- Submit your completed form, along with proof that the vehicle is registered to your address by:
Mail: Hamilton Municipal Parking System
80 Main Street West
Hamilton, Ontario L8P 1H6
Email: [email protected]
Parking staff will contact you once your application has been received and reviewed.
Use your Reserved Accessible On-Street Parking Permit
How to use your parking permit:
- The permit must be clearly visible and readable from the outside of the vehicle – placed in the front windshield on the driver’s side, facing outward.
- You must renew your parking permit annually before January 1st of each year. Hamilton Municipal Parking recommends renewing your permit by the middle of December, to ensure you have a valid permit for the upcoming year.
- Visitors are not allowed to park in Accessible Permit Parking spots.
- The Reserved Accessible Parking Permit is for use in the approved parking space only (not applicable for other permit parking zones. Find more information on the City of Hamilton's parking exemptions given to those with an MTO Accessible Parking Permit.
moving or no longer require the Reserved Accessible Parking space? Call the Hamilton Municipal Parking Office at 905-540-6000 or at [email protected].
- Date modified: