Masters of Public Health placements are available to students who have a required placement through enrolment in the Master of Public Health program. At this time, we do not provide paid practicums for MPH students.
A current affiliation agreement with your school must be in place before we consider a placement at Public Health Services.
How to apply for a placement
Interested MPH candidates must submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae (CV). Both cover letter and CV must be saved as one document in PDF format. Due to the high volume of requests and interest, candidates must identify which project they are most interested in.
Current project listing
- There are currently no opportunities
- You may be required to participate in an interview.
- You are required to have access to a vehicle. Travel across the city of Hamilton may be required. Mileage will not be reimbursed.
- You must pay for your own parking.
- Work hours are Monday to Friday between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm. Some weekend and evening hours may be required depending on program needs.
- Depending on the MPH project assignment, some learning opportunities with Hamilton PHS may consist of spending most of your time in the community while others will require strictly working in an office environment. Students must have a vehicle and a valid drivers’ licence to conduct PHS program delivery.
- Learning opportunities depend on your interests, program projects available and program capacity to accommodate the request.
- All students are expected to attend the Student Orientation provided at the beginning of the Term. Information about the Student Orientation will be provided to successful candidates ahead of time.
- Date modified: