Update: Second down-bound lane for Claremont opening Wednesday & Sherman Access to be reduced to one lane starting April 1
Nursing student placements are available to 4th year nursing students who are required to complete a professional practice placement to graduate from the Bachelor or Masters degrees from an accredited nursing program.
A current affiliation agreement with your school must be in place before we consider a placement at Public Health Services.
How to apply for a placement
Interested 4th year nursing students are required to complete the Nursing Student Application Form.
We try to respond to all placement requests within 5 business days. Interviews are conducted with all interested candidates. This interview provides an opportunity for the candidate and the PHS staff to determine the best fit for the student’s placement opportunity and provides the student an opportunity to ask questions about the opportunities available to them. Interviews typically take about one half hour. Once the interview process has been completed, successful candidates will be informed of their placement assignment, preceptor names and start-up date.
- All nursing students must have access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s licence. Students who do not have access to a vehicle will not be permitted to complete their professional practice with Hamilton PHS. Travel across the city of Hamilton may be required. Mileage will not be reimbursed.
- You must pay for your own parking.
- Work hours are Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Some weekend and evening hours may be required depending on program needs.
- Learning opportunities with Hamilton PHS are community-based with some occasional office-based work. Students must have a vehicle and a valid drivers’ licence to conduct PHS program delivery.
When you begin a placement with Public Health Services, you must:
- Provide your N95 respirator mask size to the PHN Education Coordinator when you attend your orientation day
- Attend the orientation day; you will receive dates a couple of weeks before the orientation date
- Date modified: