Other student placements may be available to students who have a required placement through enrolment in a post-secondary program.
A current affiliation agreement with your school must be in place before we consider a placement at Public Health Services.
How to apply for a placement
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae (CV). Both cover letter and CV must be saved as one document in PDF format. The cover letter must describe in 200 words or less the following: a) reasons why the candidate is seeking a public health experience and b) what does the candidate hope to learn about public health.
All submissions must be received by 4:30 p.m. on the following dates:
- Winter Term - October 15
- Spring/Summer Term - January 15
- Fall Term - June 15
Submissions received after this time will not be considered.
There are currently no placement opportunities available.
- You may be required to participate in an interview
- You are required to have access to a vehicle. Travel across the city of Hamilton may be required. Mileage will not be reimbursed
- You must pay for your own parking
- Work hours are Monday to Friday between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm
- Learning opportunities with Public Health Services vary; some are office-based, some are community-based and some are a combination of both
- All students are expected to attend the Student Orientation provided at the beginning of the Term. Information about the Student Orientation will be provided to successful candidates ahead of time
- Date modified: