Blue boxes are not available at the MSCs during the Stay at Home order. Blue Boxes are available for pick up at the Community Recycling Centres. Please call 905-546-2489, Mon. to Fri., 8:30 am to 4:30 pm for a service number before picking up your blue box.
Put your recycling in:
- A blue box provided by the City of Hamilton.
- Any size blue box as long as it weighs less than 13 kg (30 lbs).
- A securely tied non-returnable clear or translucent plastic bag.
- You can put a lid on your blue box so your stuff doesn’t blow away.
How to get a new or replacement blue box
If you are new to the neighbourhood you will need a service number before picking up your box.
- Once you have a service number, up to two blue boxes can be picked up from a Community Recycling Centre or a Municipal Service Centre.
- You must bring your service number with you in order to pick up your blue boxes (1 service number is good for up to 2 blue boxes).
- Remember to bring ID showing your City of Hamilton residency.
Request a Service Number
- Request service number online
- Call 905-546-2489, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
You can get your blue box at:
Municipal Service Centres
View a list of the Municipal Service Centre locations
Community Recycling Centres
Community Recycling Centres pick up schedule is Tuesday to Saturday, 10 am to 6 pm.
- Call 905-546-2489 for a service number.
- Service request numbers are provided Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30.
- Once you have a service number, blue boxes can be picked up from one of the Community Recycling Centres.
- You must bring your service number with you in order to pick up your blue box.
- Date modified: