To protect event organizers and the City, all events must have insurance. Please review the below information for insurance requirements.
- The Certificate of Insurance must be submitted at least 30 days before your event start date
- The Certificate of Insurance must include the following information:
- The name of event(s)
- Event dates
- Event location
- City of Hamilton named as additional insured
- The “Name Insured” on the certificate must match the name of the organizer/organization as indicated on the Festival and Event Approval Application
- Minimum of $2 million dollars in third party liability insurance. Events that include components such as alcohol, amusement rides, bouncy castles, and/or fireworks require a limit of $5 million per occurrence.
As an alternative for events with less than 1,000 people, the City offers GameDay insurance through the Recreation Division
- Fee is based off the estimated number of attendees
- Coverage provided is Commercial General Liability insurance with a limit of $5 million per occurrence
- GameDay does not provide insurance for event activities such as: fireworks, bouncy castles, cycling, horse-related activities, and skateboarding