Applying for a Job
Effective Thursday, September 23, 2021: Vaccine Verification
As a condition of employment you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated or provide proof of valid exemption satisfactory to the employer prior to your start date. You must acknowledge and agree to comply with any future vaccine policy requirements as an ongoing condition of employment at the City of Hamilton.
The City of Hamilton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring for diversity and inclusivity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals for any full-time, part-time, temporary, seasonal, and summer student jobs.
If you are interested in one of the currently posted opportunities, you can submit your resume online.
- Your resume must clearly show us how you meet the requirements for the job
- Must include both the Job Title and Job ID Number
- We accept resumes for currently posted opportunities only
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Jobs at the City Online
Review the currently posted opportunities, applications will only be accepted for currently open positions. You do not need to log in to view available positions, but you will need to login or register for an online careers account to apply.
Career Site Account & Application Instructions
- External Applicant Detailed Instructions
- Internal Applicant Detailed Instructions - Log into MyHRInfo help section
To register and apply to job postings, you need to enter a user name, password, name, email address and phone number.
- If you don’t have an email address, you can create one at several websites that provide an email service. New online accounts cannot use an email address associated with an existing career account.
- You will need a password which you can easily remember, but is not obvious to others. Passwords are case sensitive.
- Read the instructions on all of the application pages. They help you to fill in the information that is required.
- If you already have a registered online career account, login to review current opportunities and to apply
- If you've forgotten your User ID and/or Password, please use the “Forgot Username or “Forgot Password” to reset it. Do not create a new account.
Once you find the position you're looking for click Apply for Job and follow the instructions to upload your resume / cover letter and complete the questionnaire. Once your application has been submitted:
- You will receive an email confirming that we received your application to the email address created during the account registration process. You can also view your application submission within your online Career Account under “My Job Applications”.
- If you need to change information or you want to attach a revised resume for a job that you have already applied to, you can do so by withdrawing your application and reapplying online for that job before the closing date.
- If you want to change your personal contact information you can do that online at any time.
- If you are no longer interested in a job and wish to withdraw your application, please log into your online Career Account and go to “My Job Applications” and withdraw your application.
- Due to the high number of applications the City of Hamilton receives, only those selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
You can only attach one file; if you are submitting a resume and cover letter, they must be saved as one file before uploading.
Acceptable file types are:
- Ensure the maximum size of the resume does not exceed 1 MB.
- The resume attachment file name must not contain more than 60 characters.
- The file name of your resume must not contain a period (“.”) unless it is directly before the filename extension.
Correct example: John_Doe.doc
Incorrect example: John.Doe.doc
Disable any Pop-Up Ad Blocker software you have on your computer. This type of software has shown to cause problems when attempting to attach resumes online.
Disable any third party toolbar add-ons that stop pop-ups, such as Google Toolbar. These add-ons may prevent you from viewing your resume attachment.
Please Note Please be advised resumes and/or other related documents/attachments older than two years are deleted from the City of Hamilton career site on a monthly basis in compliance with our data retention protocols. You are responsible to maintain copies of your resumes and other documents/attachments on your personal devices/digital workspace.
If you are a foreign-trained professional, we encourage you to have your academic credentials evaluated prior to applying for a job to ensure we can interpret them accurately and compare them to Canadian equivalents.
For information about the evaluation of foreign credentials go to World Education Services (WES).
Consistent with our Values and Corporate Culture Pillars, the City of Hamilton is committed to providing equitable treatment to all with respect to barrier-free employment and accommodation without discrimination. The City will provide accommodation for applicants in all aspects of the hiring process, up to the point of undue hardship. If you have an accommodation need, please contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangements.