The City of Hamilton welcomes and encourages our international students to remain here to work after graduation. If you are here on a student/study visa, you will have to apply for a work visa (Post Graduation Work Permit) upon graduation. A work visa allows you to work in Canada for as many as three years after you graduate. Find out more about attaining a work visa
Jobs and business opportunities
- Students in Hamilton can connect to job opportunities through the annual Jobs Canada Job Fair.
- Hamilton HIVE is one of the strongest young professional networks in Canada, focusing on talent development and business networks.
- The City of Hamilton’s Small Business Enterprise Centre, Innovation Factory and others offer support to business start-ups.
Your school has resources to help you find work after graduation:
Other resources in the community help you find employment, including:
- Hamilton Chamber of Commerce MAGNET - MAGNET is an online matchmaking platform that connects job seekers with employers.
- CareerEdge - an online job developer that helps connect International Students with paid internship opportunities.
- Connect To Careers Job Fair - the city’s largest job fair happens once a year.