The Van Needle Syringe Program
Did you know?
The Van Needle Syringe program provides:
- harm reduction education
- supplies (e.g., needles, safer inhalation kits, etc.)
- needle disposal
- other services & referrals
The Van Needle Syringe program operates:
- Monday to Sunday, 7 to 11 pm
- Temporary daytime hours, Thursday 11 am to 3 pm
For information Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm call Public Health Services at 905-546-4276.
How to access the Van Needle Syringe program
Access the Van Needle Syringe program during operating hours by:
- Calling or texting 905-317-9966
All services are confidential.
Call the Van early so we can get to you before 11 pm.
We provide these services from a mobile van:
- Delivery of free needles, condoms and safe injection supplies such as alcohol swabs, sterile water, cookers, ascorbic acid and filters. Supplies are not available to clients with diabetes.
- Sharps containers and disposal of needles.
- Counselling and referrals for drug and alcohol use, detox, health care and shelters.
- Refills of overdose prevention kits. Find out where to get new overdose prevention kits and training.
- Safer inhalation supplies.
- These services are offered to prevent blood borne infections such as HIV and hepatitis infections by helping clients avoid shared needles and equipment.