harm reduction services
The Van Needle Syringe Program
Volunteering on the Van
Contact the AIDS Network to complete an application if you are interested in volunteering for the Van Needle Syringe program.
Did you know?
The Van Needle Syringe program provides:
- harm reduction education
- supplies (e.g., needles, safer inhalation kits, etc.)
- needle disposal
- other services & referrals
The Van Needle Syringe program operates:
- Monday to Sunday, 7 to 11 pm
- Temporary daytime hours, Thursday 11 am to 3 pm
For information Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm call Public Health Services at 905-546-4276.
How to access the Van Needle Syringe program
Access the Van Needle Syringe program during operating hours by:
- Calling or texting 905-317-9966
All services are confidential.
Call the Van early so we can get to you before 11 pm.
We provide these services from a mobile van:
- Delivery of free needles, condoms and safe injection supplies such as alcohol swabs, sterile water, cookers, ascorbic acid and filters. Supplies are not available to clients with diabetes.
- Sharps containers and disposal of needles.
- Counselling and referrals for drug and alcohol use, detox, health care and shelters.
- Refills of overdose prevention kits. Find out where to get new overdose prevention kits and training.
- Safer inhalation supplies.
- These services are offered to prevent blood borne infections such as HIV and hepatitis infections by helping clients avoid shared needles and equipment.
February 22, 2023