Help us Improve our Digital Services
Tell us about your experiences using the City of Hamilton’s online/digital services to help us identify ways to make our digital service offering even better.
The survey will be live from November 21 to December 9, 2022.
Improving Online/Digital Services
The City of Hamilton is developing a Digital Strategy with the goal to understand the user experience with existing online/digital City services, identify challenges users face in using online/digital City services, and identify opportunities to improve City services through digital enhancements.
Examples of existing City digital or online services include (but are not limited to):
- Applying for a building permit
- General enquiries through our ask city email
- Property tax enquiries and payments
- Registering for a recreation program
- Booking a COVID-19 vaccine appointment
- Reporting graffiti
- Contacting a City Councilor
- Paying for fines such as parking tickets and provincial offences
- Marriage license applications
- Bulk waste pick-up scheduling
- Searching City by-laws
The City is committed to ensuring resident, business and community partner needs are at the core of this effort.
A key component of the strategy will focus on recommendations for enhancing existing services and introducing new digital services. The City has engaged Deloitte to conduct user research and support the development of the Digital Strategy.
- Community Survey - the objective of the survey is to understand the challenges users face using digital services and identify opportunities to improve City services through digital enhancements.
- Focus Groups - in addition to survey feedback, focus groups will be conducted with various stakeholder groups to better understand the needs of specific users.
A Digital Strategy containing key insights from this engagement will presented to City Council in early 2023.