School Crossing Guard Recruitment
The City of Hamilton is looking for candidates who are interested in serving their community while earning extra income as a School Crossing Guard in the greater Hamilton area.
Job Title: School Crossing Guard - Part Time
Department: Hamilton Municipal Parking System
Job Location: Various locations
Salary: $19.05 per hour - Effective September 2023
Hours of Work: Part time 8.25 per week
For technical issues logging in or resetting your password email [email protected].
General Crossing Guard Duties
- Reports to the School Crossing Supervisor and is responsible for ensuring that children are crossed safely at designated crossing locations.
- Must obey all established traffic safety regulations to ensure that elementary school children going to and coming from school are assisted in crossing major and busy roadways at desired locations.
- Report and document any problems, i.e. weather conditions, children, and motorists to supervisor.
- May assist in training new guards, as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned, which are directly related to the responsibilities of the position.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions, including extremes of heat and cold.
- Exposed to traffic noise and exhaust fumes.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk during entire shift.
- Must be able to hold a sign weighing up to 3 lbs for a minimum of 30 seconds
- Must be able to walk and go up and down a curb/ sidewalk
- The individual will be required to travel to various work locations within the City of Hamilton.
Candidates must submit a vulnerable sector screening result from police, with no detrimental information, prior to employment being offered. All costs involved will be at the applicant's expense. Costs will be reimbursed after 6 months.