Pier 8 Development
Pier 8 will be a vibrant urban waterfront community designed to be enjoyed by all residents of Hamilton and visitors.
The community will include:
- approximately 1500 residential units
- approximately 13,000 square metres of commercial and institutional space
- over 1400 parking spaces
The 5.24 hectare development site has the potential to support new residential, commercial and institutional space over nine development blocks.
In the proposed development, 40% of the total site area will be publicly accessible open space with the addition of approximately 1.6 kilometres of additional walkable landscape connecting to the City-owned network of parks and rights-of-way at the waterfront.
On June 13, 2018, City Council confirmed the selection of The Waterfront Shores Corporation as the Preferred Proponent of the Pier 8 Development Opportunity RFP process.
As the Preferred Proponent, Waterfront Shores now has the exclusive right to negotiate contracts with the City to purchase and develop the Pier 8 lands in accordance with their selected proposal.
- Pier 8 Development - Presentation
- Pier 8 Development - User Stories
- Pier 8 Development - Feature Sheet
- Pier 8 Development - Team Profile