Holiday Fire Safety Tips
- Don't leave cooking unattended & drink responsibly
- Water your Christmas tree daily
- Use battery-powered or electric candles
- Check your decorative lights for damaged wires
- Turn off all lights before going to bed or leaving home
Fire prevention starts with you
Precautions that you can take to help prevent fire in your home. Discuss these with members of your household and remember fires are easier to prevent then fight.
Home Fire Safety
Prevention is the key to fire safety. Prepare a home escape plan and get home safety tips to protect yourself and your family.
Smoke Alarms & Carbon Monoxide Alarms
Learn more about proper smoke and carbon monoxide alarm safety and maintenance.
Family Fireworks Safety
Fireworks are only permitted on Victoria Day and Canada Day, between dusk and 11 pm, and may only be purchased for use by people 18 and older. Learn more about fireworks safety.
Fire Prevention on the Farm
There are many steps that can be taken to establish a good fire prevention plan to reduce the risk of fire on farm properties.
December 13, 2022