Commercial Water & Sewer
Sewer Use By-law
Sewer Use By-law Update
The City wants to better understand the needs of industry partners when it comes to the Construction Dewatering Program. This program will help protect the environment by mitigating flooding & enforcing water quality requirements established by the By-law and provide a clear process for submitting a permit application.
Spills Reporting Line
See a spill? Report it.
Call 905-540-5188 immediately to report a spill. You will be asked for:
- the owner of the premises where the spill occurred
- anyone who may be directly affected
The City of Hamilton’s Sewer Use By-law 14-090 regulates the discharge of water and wastewater that enters the City’s sewage works by:
- Establishing limits for common pollutants
- Establishing a list of prohibited substances
- Identifying requirements that users have to meet in order to discharge
- Enabling the City to monitor and reduce the impact of spills
- Enabling the City to monitor and control discharges
February 14, 2023