Sewer Use By-law
The City wants to better understand the needs of industry partners when it comes to the Construction Dewatering Program. This program will help protect the environment by mitigating flooding & enforcing water quality requirements established by the By-law and provide a clear process for submitting a permit application.
Report a Spill
Did you spill matter or permit the spill of matter?
Call 905-540-5188 immediately!
You will need to report:
- the owner of the premises where the spill occurred
- anyone who may be directly affected
The City of Hamilton’s Sewer Use By-law 14-090 regulates the discharge of water and wastewater that enters the City’s sewage works by:
- Establishing limits for common pollutants
- Establishing a list of prohibited substances
- Identifying requirements that users have to meet in order to discharge
- Enabling the City to monitor and reduce the impact of spills
- Enabling the City to monitor and control discharges