Fire Permits, Inspections, Reports and Services
The Hamilton Fire Department offers a variety of fee-based services including issuing permits, conducting inspections, and providing Fire Department documentation such as reports and letters.
Open Air Burning Permit
Filming related services
Foster Home and Group Home Inspections
Additional Online Services
Fee $81.35 (including HST) Effective January 1, 2023
Description: Fire Department Incident Report for any response involving a fire truck. If the Hamilton Fire Department assisted in an emergency situation at your property, a report detailing the response is completed once firefighters return to the station. If may require a copy of that report for reasons such as investigative, insurance, or financial purposes.
Note: The following information, if known, will assist Fire Prevention to provide the correct report:
- Address OR a street OR an intersection
- Date of the incident
- Type of incident (ie. Fire, Medical, Vehicle Accident, etc.)
Fee $184.20 (including HST) Effective January 1, 2023
Description: Provide customers with a file search for any outstanding work orders against a property and any retrofit information available on a property. For those purchasing, selling, insuring or re-mortgaging a property, it is often required that a search be made to identify if there are any outstanding orders against the property.
- If you are not the owner of the property, owner consent may be required to complete a request for a file search. Fire Prevention staff will contact you to obtain the owner’s written consent, if required.
- The online request system will only process one request at a time. If you have multiple file search requests, you may prefer to contact Fire Prevention via telephone to request and pay.
Fee $607.95 (including HST) Effective January 1, 2023
Description: Fire Prevention staff will establish a new fire route or make changes to a fire route that is currently established.
Note: You will need to provide a site map of the location with the fire route you are looking for clearly marked off. This can be submitted to [email protected].
Fee $334.50 (including HST) Effective January 1, 2023
Description: Fire Prevention will calculate the occupancy capacity of the desired room and issue a capacity card.
- Each requested room requires additional payment. Example: A school requesting a capacity card for the gym and the library will pay the fee twice.
- For instances where the capacity cards for multiple rooms at the same address are being requested, the online request system will allow the customer to select the number of rooms being requested. The system will then calculate the amount owed.
For more information please call our office at 905-546-2424 ext. 1380
Total amount be invoiced after the event and will include the cost of two user fees combined: Non-Emergency Standby for events and Full Cost Recovery for Crew.
Fee $625.60 for the vehicle plus full cost recovery for the fire crew.
Description: To request a Fire Department crew and vehicle on stand-by at your event (ie. film shoot, demolition derby, etc.) for safety precautions.
Note: The online request will generate the service request only. Fire Prevention staff will contact you to confirm event details and provide estimated costs. Following the event, an invoice for payment will be sent to the applicant.