Employment Area Inventory
2020 Employment Area Inventory
The City of Hamilton's Employment Area Inventory Report includes the latest serviced or “shovel ready” employment lands inventory in Hamilton.
What is a “shovel ready” site? It is a site that already has the necessary Official Plan designation, zoning, permits, and municipal servicing/utility infrastructure in place.
The calculations of how much shovel ready land is available at any given time changes based on the infrastructure being implemented, as well as for example, by demolitions of existing buildings, often prior to sale of land or new construction at the same site. Removal of shovel ready lads or “absorption” can be the result of new construction, reconstruction or sometimes severance of lands. The reasons behind the numerical representation of availability of shovel ready lands and reasons behind them are therefore, site specific.
The Report’s information is divided into Industrial Business Parks and Areas as an update of where the City is in relation to providing “shovel ready” industrial lands across the City, in alphabetical order:
- Airport District Employment District - (formerly known as John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport District and Airport Industrial Business Park)
- Ancaster Industrial Park
- Bayfront and East Hamilton Industrial Areas
- Dundas Industrial Area
- East Hamilton Industrial Area
- Flamborough Industrial Business Park
- Red Hill North Industrial Business Park (formerly known as Mountain Business Park)
- Red Hill South Business Industrial Park (formerly known as North Glanbrook Industrial Business Park)
- Stoney Creek Industrial Business Park
- West Hamilton Innovation District (WHID)