Gourley Park is a 5.49-hectare neighbourhood park located at 142 Duncairn Crescent within Ward 8 of the City of Hamilton. The park is adjacent to James MacDonald Elementary School, which has 4 baseball diamonds, and 2 asphalt walkway connections through School property, to Gourley Park. Gourley Park is separated into three (3) sections: The playground/amenity area in the north, a walkway block in the middle of the parcel, running east-west and connecting Duncairn Cres. with Brigadoon Drive, and finally, a 4.5 hectare woodlot block on the south end, fronting on Brigadoon Drive. The playground/amenity area includes asphalt walkways, lighting, a playground, basketball court, tennis court, two (2) large swing set bays, seating areas, concession/storage building with attached pavilion, a small storage building, and an existing 96 sq. m. spray pad.
Gourley Park Redevelopment Community Engagement Survey Results
- 137 survey responses were received.
- Majority of respondents were frequent Gourley Park users who live in the neighbourhood.
- The Forest, Nature, Plants and Flowers theme was chosen.
- Circular spray rings, vertical features, and toddler elements were the top 3 spray pad components. We will attempt to incorporate as many of the additional elements as possible.
- Slides, climbers, balance beams, swings and spring toys were the most popular playground elements chosen. The final design will incorporate as many of the additional items as possible.
- Additional requests include: more trees, a sun shelter, additional lighting, seating, and a drinking fountain with a dog bowl.