Book a room, gym or pool
The City of Hamilton offers rentals for special events, meetings, birthday parties and sports activities.
Rental Rules & Conditions
Rates & Fees
The below are the ranges of fees. Prices vary depending on space requested and location.
- Ice $167.71-$310.31 + HST /hour
- Pools $139.30-$222.89 + HST /hour
- Community Rooms $14.91-$51.15 + HST /hour
- Gyms $31.60-$75.00 + HST /hour
- Fields and Diamonds $4.74-$45.28 + HST /hour
- Artificial Turf $135.61 + HST /hour
All fees are due at time of booking. Permits will not be issued and access to facility will not be granted until payment is received.
- In person Cash, Debit, Visa, MasterCard
- By phone Visa or MasterCard only
- Rentals must be at least 1 hour or more in length.
- Rentals less than 1 hour will be subject to Supervisor approval.
- Ice rentals are by the hour only.
Cancellations and changes are subject to the following terms:
- 2 weeks notice (14 days) is required to cancel a previously issued permit.
- All bookings made within 14 days of the event date are final, non-refundable, and non-transferrable.
- Events with more than 75 people require 30 days notice.
Full refunds are provided if appropriate notice is given.
The renter is responsible for ensuring appropriate supervision of space, including:
- At least 1 adult is present for every 10 children for room/gym activities.
- Swim admission criteria is met for aquatic activities.
- Activities conducted in a safe, non-contact manner, and equipment is used safely and as per its intended use.
City staff retain the right to enter the rented space at any time. Renter and attendees are required to follow directions provided by City staff at all times.
All City of Hamilton rentals require insurance.
- Option 1 - Supply insurance through your own provider by providing a valid certificate of General Liability Insurance evidencing proof of Commercial Liability Insurance with minimum coverage of $2,000,000 per occurrence and endorsed to include the City of Hamilton as additionally insured.
- Option 2 - For a small fee, the City of Hamilton offers liability insurance to eligible events through its Game Day insurance program.
- Additional Third Party Insurance required - If you are using bouncy castles, carnival equipment, fireworks etc. the third party will be required to provide a valid certificate of General Liability Insurance evidencing proof of Commercial Liability Insurance with minimum coverage of $5,000,000 per occurrence and endorsed to include the City of Hamilton as additionally insured.
- Additional Third Party License - A license is required for each "Place of Amusement" business participating in the event. It is up to the service provider (not the event organizer) to ensure they have an amusement license in place for an event. Licenses are required for all raffles, bingos and break open ticket activities (games of chance). These licenses are only issued to eligible organizations that are registered as Charitable, Religious or Non-profit organizations.
All events serving alcohol must obtain the proper liquor license by applying to the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario
The renter is responsible for all set up, take down, and cleaning of spaces rented and must:
- Include set up and take down times within the rental times permitted. Extra fees will be applied if rental occurs outside of permitted times or goes late.
- Identify on the rental application if any assistance is required for set up or take down (subject to staff availability and additional fees).
Clean up any decorations, wrapping, spills, or outside equipment brought into the space using the supplies and garbage provided, and return the room to original condition. Extra charges are applied if not completed.
- Permits are subject to termination from the City of Hamilton in unforeseen circumstances or facility closures. Refunds are provided, however no further compensation for losses will be given.
- Permits are subject to termination from the City of Hamilton if the terms and conditions of the permit are not met. Refunds are not provided when terms and conditions are breached by the renting party.