Join a weekly free Welcome Baby prenatal nutrition group to learn about having a healthy pregnancy and taking care of your baby.
Online Prenatal Program
The online prenatal program is free to Hamilton residents. It can be done at your own pace, using a computer or mobile device.
Topics covered in the program are:
- newborn care
This interactive program includes videos, activities and audio/closed captioning options.
When you register you will:
- receive an email from Hamilton Public Health with a code that is needed to log into the program
- have the option to receive a phone call from a public health nurse
- be able to take part in a virtual prenatal class to learn more about breastfeeding
Virtual Breastfeeding Class
In addition to the online program, a virtual prenatal breastfeeding class is available for you to attend that will provide more information about breastfeeding and how to get off to a good start. It will build on the information that is covered in the online program. You must be registered for the online prenatal program and it is recommended that you complete the breastfeeding module prior to attending. This class is currently available in English only.
The virtual class is offered twice each month:
- Every 2nd Wednesday of each month from 7 to 8:30 pm
- Every 4th Saturday of each month from 10 am to 11:30 am
If you have already registered for Online Prenatal and would now like to register for a Virtual Breastfeeding Class, please email [email protected]
Phone Call from a Public Health Nurse
A phone call from a Public Health Nurse is available to you. You will be asked about:
- you and your growing family
- how we can support you during and after your pregnancy
- how we can connect you with supports in Hamilton related to your needs