Community Environmental Initiatives
Understand your responsibilities as an owner or occupant of property for managing graffiti.
How to report
Graffiti vandalism creates a nuisance that can adversely affect property values, business opportunities and poses a risk to the health, safety and welfare of a community.
- If you are witnessing graffiti vandalism in progress, please call 911
- Contact the City to report existing graffiti at 905-546-2489 or report online using the Graffiti Form below
- Make an anonymous tip by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477
- Rapid removal is one of the most effective deterrents to taggers.
- Statistics show that most taggers are males between 12 and 21 years old.
- Hip-hop graffiti, a more complex style (font) of “tagging”, is the most common type of graffiti found in Hamilton (80-90%).
- Graffiti is the most common type of property vandalism (35%).
- Graffiti cleanup is costly to taxpayers, using up funds that could be used for parks, roads and other community improvements.
- Graffiti removal companies must be licensed with the City of Hamilton.
- Everyone needs to work together to combat graffiti.
Roles & Responsibilities
graffiti reporting form
September 08, 2022