Expanding Mobility Choices
The City of Hamilton is expanding its mobility choices for residents and visitors. We want a transportation network that provides quality of life and supports a vibrant and equitable community, complete and compact neighbourhoods and a dynamic economy.
Benefits of expanding mobility choices include healthier communities, economic benefits, a transit-oriented community, environmental gains such as lower emissions, and an enhanced city image.
We want to:
- Build a rapid ready transit network by improving transit services
- Continue to develop accessible transit in Hamilton
- Make transit faster and more reliable
- Provide better customer service and amenities to make it easier and more attractive to use transit
- Provide safe and convenient walking and cycling environments with connections to transit
- Coordinate land use planning with transit planning
- Combine different modes of transportation to maximize connections to transit
- vide better customer service and amenities to make it easier and more attractive to use transit