Pipeline Trail Public Art Project
The City of Hamilton and STEPS Public Art are currently undertaking a process to commission a permanent public artwork to be placed along the Pipeline Trail where the Trail intersects with Garside Avenue North.
Selected work(s) will be functional in nature, serving one or all of the following purposes; seating, shade and wayfinding. Citizen-identified themes for this project are water innovation and infrastructure.
The artwork will be chosen by a Selection Panel composed of residents and arts professionals through a two-stage process.
- Stage 1 (current stage) asks for expressions of interest and qualifications
- Stage 2 requires shortlisted artists to submit a detailed proposal.
- The Call for Artists closed January 22, 2024
- A Selection Panel (composed of arts professionals and community members) will meet to review submissions in Winter 2024
- Shortlisted Artists & Teams will be contacted
- Stage 2 proposals will be shared for public feedback after a technical review
- The Selection Panel will review public comments and select a winning proposal in Spring 2024
Project Award $170,000
Shortlisted Artists will receive a $1500 honorarium to complete a detailed Stage 2 proposal.
Monday January 22, 2024 at 11:59 pm.
Artist Information Meeting & Documents
The Call for Artists and optional Artist Information Session details are available at Steps Pipeline Trail Call for Artists