Smoking & Vaping
Tobacco remains the leading cause of preventable disease and death in Canada. Tobacco use and exposure to second-hand smoke are linked to cancer, heart disease and several other diseases.
Report a store selling to youth under age 19
To help investigate complaints, provide in your report:
- Your name and phone number
- The date and time of the incident
- Description of what occurred
- Name and address of business the sale occurred, if possible
Tobacco enforcement officers inspect places that sell tobacco and vapour products in Hamilton. They also investigate complaints about these places. A ticket and fine are given to people or places that do not obey the law. Fines start at $400.
- Makes it against the law to buy, sell or give a person under 19 any tobacco or vapour products
- Does not allow stores to have tobacco or vapour products or tobacco product accessories where the public can see them
- Requires signs in the locations affected by this law
- Makes it against the law to sell flavoured tobacco products, with the exception of cigars with wine/port/whiskey/rum flavour or flavoured pipe tobacco