Site Plan Guidelines
The City of Hamilton's Site Plan Guidelines are intended to provide guidance to development projects that are subject to site plan approval. These guidelines convey the City’s preferences and expectations for site and building development. There is flexibility in the use of these guidelines and the City recognizes the need to co-operatively achieve both municipal objectives and private development requirements.
The City wishes to ensure that new development is accessible, safe and functional and that it integrates with existing natural features and surrounding built form.
The purpose of this document is to:
- Indicate the City’s design preferences and expectations for site development through a series of design guidelines.
- Provide information to ensure that all aspects of a proposed development are considered in the site design process and provide guidance for the site planning process.
- Ensure that all new development complies with the Zoning By-law regulations.
- Assist designers, developers and builders as well as public agencies with the development process and ensure all development supports Hamilton’s desire to create an attractive, liveable and functional community.
- Outline various technical standards that the City requires all construction to meet.