Development Blocks at Piers 5, 6 & 7 West Harbour
Development Blocks @ Piers 5, 6 & 7
These available blocks offer the opportunity to develop and design spaces in what is demonstrating to be a vibrant & active destination.
Hamilton’s West Harbour area is steeped in history. First Nations peoples occupied the area for thousands of years before the arrival of European immigrants to Canada began in the early 1800s.
City of Hamilton's rich cultural diversity and proud workers’ heritage is reflected in the tight-knit neighbourhoods that have long defined the character of West Harbour. Since the 1860s, Hamiltonians have come to the waterfront to play, taking advantage of the beauty and protected waters of the harbour.
The West Harbour's Setting Sail Secondary Plan (Setting Sail) responds to the opportunity to revitalize and establish a framework for public improvements and private development aimed at enhancing the area as a community and recreational destination to promote season long and year-round enjoyment and appreciation of the waterfront.
In keeping with Setting Sail, restrictive covenants will be placed on the lands committing to design and construction techniques which demonstrate a consideration for environmental impacts and sustainable development, including but not limited to energy efficiency, reduction in or elimination of the development’s carbon foot print, storm water retention.
- Address: Piers 5, 6 & 7, West Harbour, Hamilton
- Properties: 4 individual blocks that may be sold individually or as a package.
- Block Sizes:
- Block 1: 1,278 sq m (.32 acres)
- Block 2: 1,421 sq m (.35 acres)
- Block 3A: 1,609 aq m (.40 acres)
- Block 3B: 2,363 sq m (.58 acres)
- Development details:
- Services will be available for lateral connection
- Public transit and nearby GO Access
- Development blocks are included in the West Harbour Recreational Master Plan (WHRMP)
- Acquisition and development plans must address and demonstrate alignment with the WHWRMP and design guidelines.
- Properties are being sold “as is”
- Land-use will be controlled by current planning framework
- Zoning By-law: F-S/1641-H
- Brokers Protected (subject to certain performance clauses)