Clean & Green Hamilton Strategy
The Clean & Green Hamilton Strategy focuses on what each of us can do to keep our neighbourhoods clean and green. The Strategy encourages everyone in Hamilton to take responsibility for improving our community environments.
Hamilton has many initiatives in neighbourhoods, schools and parks that contribute to a clean and green community. The Clean & Green Hamilton Strategy supports, promotes and helps coordinate those efforts to ensure we’re all moving in the same direction and helping each other with the experience, knowledge and resources needed to keep our city clean and green.
The Clean & Green Hamilton Strategy provides context and support for programs and initiatives that help beautify our city.
The vision is for Hamilton to be recognized as a sustainable clean and green community where everyone takes responsibility for, and has pride in, the environments in which they live, work, and play.
The success of the Clean & Green Hamilton Strategy requires the commitment and involvement of Hamilton residents, business owners, visitors, community leaders and City of Hamilton staff.
View the Clean & Green Hamilton Strategy
The Clean & Green Hamilton Strategy is governed by three principles. The Strategy and it's programs and initiatives will:
- Contribute to an enhanced quality of life for citizens through clean and green initiatives.
- Support community and stakeholder engagement through partnerships, collaboration and consultation.
- Contribute to the social, economic and environmental well-being of Hamilton.
The strategic objectives of the Clean & Green Hamilton Strategy are to:
- Provide a framework and overview for Hamilton’s Clean & Green agenda, plans and programs.
- Develop, facilitate and monitor activities that contribute to an improved standard of cleanliness across Hamilton.
- Add value to existing cleanliness, beautification and environmental stewardship programs delivered by the City of Hamilton and its partners.
- Encourage sustainable behaviour through community-based social marketing.
- Support initiatives that foster behaviour change with respect of environmental stewardship.
Clean & Green Hamilton Focus Areas
The success of the Clean & Green Hamilton Strategy relies on:
- evidence-based research and data
- broad consultation
- stakeholder and volunteer engagement
- staff resources
- community-based social marketing principles
Clean and Green Programs & Initiatives
The City of Hamilton will put the Clean & Green Hamilton Strategy into action through a number of clean and green programs and initiatives to address litter, illegal dumping, graffiti, beautification and environmental stewardship.