Camp Kidaca Online Registration
Online registration for summer camps starts Thursday, March 23 at 8am. Programs are available for review prior to registration.
POSTPONED and rescheduled for March 30 at 8 am.
SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION POSTPONED
The registration portal has been restored online. In order to ensure fair and equitable access to our popular Camp Kidaca and Golf Junior Development programs, registration has been rescheduled to Thursday, March 30, at 8 am.
The City of Hamilton now offers Camp Kidaca, one of its most popular programs, year-round. Community Centre Camp locations offer full day, and week long day camp programs. All locations are Ontario Camps Association and HIGH FIVE® accredited.
Programs & Schedules
Online Registration starts at 8 am on Thursday, March 23, 2023.
- Email address is required for all online registrations.
- Immediate confirmation upon completion of registration. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Campers with disabilities or who require additional support in order to integrate and participate in Camp Kidaca programs must contact [email protected] or call 905-546-2424 ext. 6475 to register.
Review/create your account in preparation for registration
- Watch our online tutorials and familiarize yourself with the website prior to registration day.
- Existing registrants - Log in to review your contact information. Ensure all your family members are displayed under your account
- Payment Options - Visa, Visa Debit, Mastercard
What to Bring
- Dress appropriately for the weather
- Bathing Suit and towel
- Re-fillable Water Bottle
- Lunch, Snacks
- Running shoes or sandal with a strap (no flip flops)
- No electronics or money
- Any medications clearly labelled with campers name - with medication authorization form
Recreation Assistance Program Subsidy and Child Care subsidy accepted. For more information, www.hamilton.ca/rap
For Camp Kidaca week long programs, a refund will be issued if notification is received 14 days prior to the beginning of the program. After that time and up to the start of program there will be a withdrawal fee charged. After the program has started programs become non-refundable. For medical reasons manager approval is required.
Visit www.hamilton.ca/recrefunds for up to date policy.
City supplied support staff are available and provided at no additional cost for families. Due to high demand, registration is limited to two weeks per participant.
Note: Registration in the Camp Kidaca program is still required.
Additional support includes:
- increased supervision by a trained, support worker dedicated to the care and safety of the camper at all times
- assistance with bathroom, changing and eating
- adaptation of camp programs for all participants
- facilitation and encouragement of friendships and appropriate social interaction
- opportunity to see the camp facility and meet the staff before the summer begins
Support staff are available 40 hours a week, 8 hours per day. Parents can request daily program hours of 8 am to 4 pm, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm or 9 am to 5 pm.
You may provide your own support person. We welcome support persons who assist participants disabilities. Support persons are hired or chosen by the participant to provide assistance throughout the camp day. There are no fees charged for support persons (registration in the Camp Kidaca program still required).
Prior to the camp start date, the parent/guardian and the support person must review and sign the External Support Person Guidelines. To ensure the safety and positive experience for all participants, we ask that support persons adhere to the following guidelines:
- Support persons should have the maturity and knowledge to make decisions and sound judgment relating to the participant’s wellbeing and care.
- Support persons may not leave the program/program area with the participant unless permission is received from parent/guardian.
Support persons will provide the camp counsellor with suggestions and input for adapted/ modified programming.
All children and youth attending recreation programs are expected to behave in a manner which ensures their own safety and the safety of other participants, staff and volunteers in the program. Staff are trained to create environments that reduce behaviours, group management techniques and encouraging appropriate behaviour in program.
When responding to behaviours, staff will follow steps in the Behaviour Management Protocol. Parents/Guardians are required to sign off that they understand the Behaviour Management Protocol and will comply with expectations set for children and youth in programs.
Sign off on the Behaviour Management Protocol is located on the Camper Information Form
Ontario Camps Association (OCA)
The OCA logo identifies to campers, their families and staff that we meet industry standards – only accredited camps are able to use the OCA logo on literature and on their signs.
For more information, parents can visit: www.ontariocampsassociation.ca
The City of Hamilton Recreation Division is a HIGH FIVE® Accredited Organization and as such serves as the benchmark for excellence in children’s recreation and sport programming, focused on healthy child development and offering the highest recognized levels of quality and safety.
For more information, parents can visit: www.highfive.org/parent