The flu shot is given in one dose. You can get your flu shot at various locations in Hamilton.
- Read about the flu
- Read about flu shot safety
- Read about kids and the flu shot
How to prevent the spread of flu
The flu virus spreads from person to person through coughing or sneezing. People can also get the flu by touching objects or surfaces with the virus on them and then their mouth or nose.
Here are some tips to prevent you and your family from getting or spreading the flu:
- Get the flu shot
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based hand rub if there is no soap and water
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Clean shared objects and surfaces such as doorknobs, light switches or keys often.
- Stay home when you are sick
- Do not share food, drinks or personal items like toothbrushes
- Rest, sleep, exercise and eat nutritious food
City of Hamilton Public Health Services Universal Influenza Immunization Program (UIIP)
Flu vaccine is free for people in Ontario. Your business can pay to arrange an on-site flu clinic. The following agencies have passed the requirements necessary to receive publicly funded flu vaccine.
ArcelorMittal Dofasco - Integrated Health and Wellness Centre
Bayshore Home Health
Saint Elizabeth Health Care
We Care Health Services LP
Wellington Medical Centre
Workplace Medical Corp.
- Date modified: