Restrictions and Closures in Place
As of December 21, in accordance with Reopening Ontario Act, 2020, The City of Hamilton has moved to the “Lockdown” – Grey category within the Provincial COVID-19 Response Framework and Hamilton Public Health Services. The following closures are in place.
- All recreation centres, indoor pools, arenas, and community halls are closed to the public
- All scheduled programs and rentals for indoor facilities are cancelled
- New rental requests for indoor facilities are not being accepted at this time.
Outdoor Ice Impacts
City Operated Outdoor Ice Rinks will remain operational during this time with extended hours of operation and enhanced public health safety measures in place.
- Washroom facilities will be CLOSED at sites
- Reservations required in advance
Note: More information on these measures is outlined in the “COVID-19 Response Framework: Keeping Ontario Safe and Open” and summarized here: www.hamilton.ca/publicplaces.