Recreation Centres are currently closed
On December 22, 2021, several recreation facilities were closed to assist with staffing capacity at vaccination clinics and to protect essential services impacted by expected staff illness and potential isolation / quarantine periods.
Additionally, beginning January 5, 2022 at 12:01 am, as part of the Reopening Ontario Act, Hamilton returned to a modified Step 2 of the Roadmap to Reopen for a minimum of 21 days.
The following restrictions are now in effect:
- All Recreation Centres, Senior Centres/Clubs, Arenas, Community Halls (including tennis and bocce clubs) are closed.
Registered programs are cancelled for the full winter session
- Programs scheduled to begin Monday, January 10, 2022 are cancelled, and credits have been automatically applied to your recreation account. If you choose to leave the credit on your account, no further action is required. If you would like to request a refund to the original payment method, please contact Customer Service by email [email protected] or by phone at 905-546-3747 during regular business hours (Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm). Please be advised response times may be longer than usual.
Additional recreation service impacts include:
- Indoor space rentals are cancelled at all facilities during closure dates.
- Public indoor and outdoor drop-in programming is suspended until further notice, including disc golf, outdoor equipment lending, as well as the Seniors’ Centre Without Walls phone and virtual programing.
- Advanced leadership programs are cancelled for all courses scheduled to take place in January and refunds as credits on accounts will be processed automatically.
- Recreation passes will be automatically extended to reimburse for dates lost due to closures.
- Outdoor Ice rinks continue to operate at posted capacities.
- Customer service staff will be monitoring phone and email during regular business hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm); response times may be longer than usual.
- COVID-19 vaccination clinics and City of Hamilton Warming Centres continue to operate in recreation facilities when scheduled.
For more information, and a complete list of measures and conditions that apply to certain businesses, organizations, places and individuals, please visit www.hamilton.ca/coronavirus/covid-19-restrictions.