The operational greenhouse at Gage Park features 18,720 square feet of space for growing plants year round. We use plants grown at the greenhouse for:
- Flowering traffic islands
- Park displays
- Flowers at City facilities including City Hall, Sam Lawrence Park and Gage Park
The greenhouse also features:
- High pressure sodium grow lights increase light during winter months
- Roof venting system to get plants used to the outdoor temperatures before being removed from the greenhouse
- High-efficiency condensation boilers to improve energy conservation
- In-floor heating reduces boiler use by providing heat to the plant roots
- Shade curtains to reduce heat loss and light intensity
The Tropical House at Gage Park is currently closed for renovations. The new facility will open Fall 2018.
Gage Park Rose Garden
The rose garden is located in the centre of Gage Park. It is filled with 16 hybrid tea varieties and 14 climbing roses. The flowers come in many colours including red, pink, yellow, white and peach.
Visit the rose garden mid-summer when the roses are in full bloom.
Location and parking
Gage Avenue South and Main Street East (Google map)
Parking lot entrance off of Lawrence Road, just east of Gage Avenue South. Take the pathway at the north side of the parking lot to the Horticulture Depot.
Wheelchair Accessible & Free Parking
- Date modified: