Number of total cases - 697*
Number of confirmed positive cases - 690
Number of probable cases - 7
Number of deaths - 38 (6%)
Number of cases resolved - 529 (76%)
Number of cases ever hospitalized - 136 (20%)
Number of cases who are patients/residents in facility with an active outbreak - 2 (0.2%)
*May not include most recent cases from active outbreaks due to lag in data reporting. Data lag due to ongoing investigations related to facility outbreaks.
Numbers reflect residents of the city of Hamilton. Numbers accurate as of 9 am on June 2, 2020. Subject to change.
Noticeable increases in confirmed cases of COVID-19 being reported for Hamilton are the result of changes to testing criteria and local mass testing events in institutional settings and not necessarily the result of increasing local activity. Changes in daily cases reported should be interpreted with caution.
Note: A probable case is a symptomatic individual with travel outside of Canada, or close contact with a known case, or close contact with a person with acute respiratory illness who has recently traveled outside of Canada and for whom laboratory results are not available, inconclusive, or negative; or a symptomatic individual in whom laboratory results are inconclusive. A confirmed case is a person with lab confirmation of COVID-19 infection.
Exposure information for COVID-19 positive cases:
- 62 (9%) with direct travel history
- 450 (65%) with close or casual contact with a case and no travel history
- 174 (25%) community acquired
- 11 (2%) under investigation
Exposure information for confirmed local COVID-19 cases in the last 10 days:
- 0 (0%) with direct travel history
- 13 (48%) with close or casual contact with a case and no travel history
- 3 (11%) community acquired
- 11 (41%) under investigation
- 313 (45%) had comorbidities (e.g., other diseases such as diabetes, cancer, heart, renal or chronic lung disease)