Stadium Guest Information
Located at Gate 3 Premium Entrance at the Security Desk.
For articles lost during a community booking, please contact the Gate 3 Security Desk.
For items that were lost during a Hamilton Tiger-Cats Home Game or hosted event, please contact the Hamilton Tiger-Cats Office.
Tim Hortons Field offers guests the following amenities during ticketed events:
- Guest Services Locations
- Stroller/ wheelchair storage
- Wheelchair loan
- Assistive listening devices
- Accessible washrooms
- Family/ universal washrooms
- Box office
- Food and beverage
- Alcohol service
- First aid
- Lost and found
Bicycle storage available at Tim Hortons Field.
The roadway leading up to venue is pedestrian friendly, and you can walk in less than an hour from the West Harbour GO Station or Hamilton GO Centre.
Driving to the Stadium
On-site & Off-site Parking
There are three city owned properties where limited parking is available for Tim Hortons Field events, as well as a number of Municipal car parks located in the area.
Tim Hortons Field is located at 64 Melrose Ave. North, Hamilton Ontario L8L 0C3.
Beechwood On-Site - Lot B
183 Beechwood Ave.
No. of Spots: 75
Walking Time: On-Site
Not available on Tiger-Cats game days or large concert and sports events
Balsam On-Site - Lot C
50 Balsam Ave.
No. of Spots: 75
Walking Time: On-Site
Not available on Tiger-Cats game days or large concert and sports events
Chapple Street - Lot E
23 Chapple St.
No. of Spots: 450
Walk Time: 4 minutes
Open on large event days only
The City of Hamilton is committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience for all guests of Tim Hortons Field. We want all spectators to enjoy the experience in a responsible fashion. When attending a game, spectators are required to refrain from the following behaviours:
Behaviour that is unruly, disruptive or illegal in nature;
Interference with the progress of the game, including throwing objects and/or unauthorized persons on the field of play;
Intoxication or other signs of alcohol impairment that results in irresponsible behaviour;
Smoking on Stadium grounds;
Foul and/or abusive language and/or obscene gestures;
Verbal or physical harassment of opposing team fans, officials, opponents or other person;
Failing to follow instructions of Stadium staff.
Event patrons are responsible for their conduct as well as the conduct of their guests. Stadium staff will promptly intervene to support an environment where event patrons, their guests and other fans can enjoy the event free from the above behaviour.
Smoking is not permitted within Tim Hortons Field under City of Hamilton By-law 11-080. Smoking includes cigarettes, pipe tobacco, cigars, cigarillos and waterpipe tobacco.
UPDATE: As of June 26, 2019, Hamilton City Council approved amendments to the City’s By-law No. 11-080 making all city parks, recreation centre and arena property including dog parks, sports fields, outdoor pools, beaches, as well as some trails in Hamilton smoke and vape-free beginning July 1, 2019.
Failure to comply with City of Hamilton By-law #11-080 is grounds for receiving a ticket in the amount of $305 and/or ejection from the stadium without refund.
The City of Hamilton thanks all of our guests for abiding by these rules.
For the safety and security of all guests it is prohibited to bring the following items in to Tim Hortons Field. All individuals and belongings are subject to search. Any guest in possession of any of the following items will be asked to return the item(s) to their car, check the item(s) at a Guest Services Desk, or dispose of the item(s) in a garbage bin at security inspection.
Prohibited items include:
- Weapons or replicas of any kind that includes, but is not limited to: guns, firearms, ammunition, stun guns, self-defence sprays, fuels, torches, lighter fluid, bats, brass knuckles, batons, martial art weapons, knives, razor blades, box cutters, scissors and tools.
- Explosives, aerosols and fireworks of any kind that includes, but is not limited to: flares, smoke bombs, incendiary devices and pyrotechnics.
- Bags of any kind larger than 14″ x 14″ x 6″are prohibited. Please note there is no on-site check-in or storage.
- Outside alcohol.
- Illegal drugs, illicit substances or prescription narcotics in non-labelled containers.
- All tobacco and cannabis related products must be concealed within their package while inside the stadium. Including vaporizers and e-cigarettes.
- Umbrellas may be brought into Tim Hortons Field but are not permitted to be open anywhere within the facility. We encourage all guests to bring collapsible umbrellas so they can be easily stored under seats.
- Professional camera equipment that includes, but is not limited to: cameras with lenses longer than 3” (detachable or non-detachable), video cameras and the use of video capable devices such as GoPro as well as tripods, selfie sticks, telescopic or similar devices.
- Items intended to create an optical distraction (laser pointing devices).
- Aerosol cans or noise making devices, whistles, musical instruments, powered megaphones and air horns.
- Flag poles/sticks are allowed in the venue IF they do not exceed 4ft in length. Flags and banners exceeding 3ft x 5ft are not permitted unless they are pre-approved by venue staff*.
- All outside food and beverage**.
- No coolers, glass bottles, or cans of any kind; thermoses/reusable water bottles exceeding 1L are also prohibited (exceptions will be made based on extreme heat conditions).
- Projectiles including, but not limited to: balls, balloons, frisbees and hula hoops.
- Non-service animals.
- Seat cushions larger than 15” x 15”.
- Rollerblades, skateboards, hover boards, scooters, bicycles*** and baby strollers****.
- Drones (unmanned aircraft systems) or other model aircraft.
- Inappropriate attire or signage including, but not limited to: profane language, obscene graphics and gang affiliations*****.
- Headwear or clothing that may impede the view of other guests.
- Wall affixations.
- Unapproved pamphlets, handouts and advertisements.
Tim Hortons Field staff reserve the sole discretion to deny access for any item(s) deemed disruptive and/or a safety concern. Tim Hortons Field staff also reserve the right to prohibit any additional items deemed dangerous or inappropriate. These items are subject to change at any time.
Any guest in possession of any prohibited item(s) will be asked to return the item(s) to their car or dispose of the item(s) in a garbage bin. Guests that refuse to comply may be denied access into or ejected from the stadium and may be subject to arrest. Tim Hortons Field staff reserve the right to handle each occurrence on a case-by-case basis. Possession of any item(s) that endangers the safety of others, or hinders the experience of others, as determined by Tim Hortons Field staff in their reasonable discretion, will result in item confiscation and/or immediate ejection from the stadium.
Other events such as concerts and other sporting events may have additional prohibited items and policies. For more information about this and our prohibited items list, please contact the Guest Experience Department at 905-547-2287 ext. 250.
*Please contact the Guest Experience Department at 905-547-2287 ext. 250
**Guests with medical issues that require special exemptions for outside food and beverage are asked to please fill out the appropriate form on the ticats.ca website at least one week prior to a game or event.
***Strollers or wheelchairs can be stored at any Guest Services location. These items are not permitted in general seating areas. Collapsible strollers that can fit under seats and clear of aisle ways are permitted in the stands.
****Bicycles can be locked on the bike racks outside Pioneer Gate 1.
*****Stadium branding including, but not limited to: team logos, corporate partnerships, marketing advertisements may never be covered in any manner by any type of signage or display brought in by a guest.
- All concourses maximize width to ensure quick and easy passage within the concourses to concession stands, washrooms, merchandise stands and ultimately seats.
- In-seat service is available in premium hospitality areas throughout Tim Hortons Field.
- A variety of payment options are available to facilitate quick and easy service at concession outlets. Tim Hortons Field is a cashless stadium.
- Concession stands on the main concourses of both sides of the stadium provide views from the concourse to the field of play to ensure fans don’t miss any of the action.
Sodexo Live! (formerly known as Centerplate)
Sodexo Live! is a leader in live event hospitality, "Making It Better To Be There®" for more than 115 million guests each year at more than 200 prominent entertainment, sports and convention venues. From hosting VIPs at the Super Bowl to super heroes at Comic Con, the company provides hospitality services to North America's premier events.
Sodexo Live!'s focus at Tim Hortons Field is to work alongside the venue to reinvent what guests take away from their time spent at the general concourses, social viewing areas and premium spaces of Tim Hortons Field. Through understanding the local food trends and offering best-in-class dynamic customer service, Sodexo Live! is helping influence a new standard in Canadian entertainment.
Sodexo Live! creates unique, locally-inspired menus, best-in-class guest service, and one-of-a-kind experiences backed by world-class design and insights teams. Sodexo Live! also serves as the hospitality partner for numerous leading multipurpose Canadian venues, including Bell MTS Place – home of the National Hockey League’s Winnipeg Jets – and BC Place – home of the Vancouver Whitecaps and BC Lions, and host of the opening ceremonies for the 2010 Winter Olympics. The company also just completed hosting its 15th Super Bowl, with Super Bowl LIV at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida.
Visit the company online at https://ca.sodexo.com
- Tim Hortons Field features the largest average individual stadium seats of any outdoor facility in Canada. Every seat in the stadium is an individual seat.
- Seat sizes range from a minimum of 21 inches to a maximum of 24 inches depending on seating sections.
- Leg room between rows is the widest in Canada for comparable facilities to ensure comfortable, easy passage through and across seating rows.
- The capacity for the Tiger-Cats games is approximately 24,000 with 80% of the fixed stadium seats located between the goal lines.
- Tim Hortons Field’s capacity can be expandable for major sporting events and concerts.
Download the Tim hortons Field seating chart (PDF, 909 KB)
Tim Hortons Field has the best sightlines for football of any facility in Canada. A capacity reduction and tremendous sight lines will fuel energy and emotion to create a powerful yet intimate live atmosphere.
Tim Hortons Field features a high-definition, state-of-the-art new video board that is approximately 20% larger than the video board at Ivor Wynne Stadium to enhance the fans’ in-bowl experience.