Request to lower flags to half-staff
Community groups and organizations may request a community flag be flown at City Hall to recognize an event, an historical event or a specific month.
- Requests are to be submitted at least four weeks prior to the requested date and must include the required information.
- Flags flown by special request, if the request is granted by the Mayor’s Office, will be flown for an appropriate period specified.
- If the request is to fly a cultural or fundraising flag, the flag must be provided to the City of Hamilton and will then be returned.
- At no time will the City of Hamilton display flags deemed to be inappropriate, offensive in nature or those supporting discrimination, prejudice, political, commercial entities or religious movements.
- One request per organization per calendar year will be permitted. Requests will be considered on a first come first serve basis.
Notice of Collection
Personal information, as defined by the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, c.M.56, as amended (MFIPPA) is collected under the authority of Section 227 of the Municipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25 as amended, and in accordance with the provisions of MFIPPA. Personal information on this form will be used to assess and determine feasibility of flag raising requests submitted for Hamilton City Hall and other City of Hamilton sites. By providing your email address, you are consenting to receiving emails from the City of Hamilton and/or their agents/contractors for the purpose of processing this request.
Information collected for this initiative may be stored on servers located in Canada and the United States and may be subject to Canadian and/or American laws.
Questions about the collection of this personal information can be directed to:
Communications & Media Relations Advisor, Office of the Mayor
71 Main St W (2nd Floor), Hamilton ON L8P 4Y5
Email [email protected]