Hamilton transit service to resume Friday
HAMILTON, ON – The City of Hamilton’s transit service will resume normal scheduled operations as of tomorrow, Friday, November 17, 2023.
The City and ATU Local 107 reached a tentative agreement early this morning. ATU Local 107 will schedule a ratification meeting with its members in the days ahead. Specific details of the settlement will be shared more broadly following the ATU ratification process and the City Council approval process.
- Transit mechanics are on location at Mountain Transit Centre (MTC) as of Thursday morning preparing buses.
- Transit administrative staff and bus operators will return to work on Friday, November 17, 2023.
- Transit operations will resume normal scheduled operations as of Friday, November 17, 2023.
- HSR will operate the Black, Gold, Red and White shuttle routes – check www.GreyCupFestival.ca for details as they become available.
- Amalgamated Transit Unit (ATU) Local 107 is the City's second largest bargaining union with over 800 members that represents HSR bus operators, mechanics, and other transit workers.
I’m thrilled to have a tentative deal with the ATU Local 107 in place and to let our community members know HSR bus operators will be back on the road on Friday doing their critical work moving our city. I’m excited for our workers to be back and I’m grateful to the public for their patience.Mayor Andrea Horwath
We are so pleased to have HSR back in service as we know how important transit is to the community at large. HSR maintenance staff are back at the Mountain Transit Centre today focusing on getting the buses ready for a full return to scheduled service on November 17.Maureen Cosyn Heath, Director of Transit, Hamilton Street Railway