West Harbour Secondary Plan
Setting Sail is a land use plan for the West Harbour. The Plan focuses on three areas of major change:
- the Waterfront
- the area south of the Canadian National rail yard (Barton-Tiffany)
- the former industrial lands along Ferguson Avenue (Ferguson-Wellington Corridor)
The Secondary Plan was the first of many initiatives for the West Harbour. It establishes the framework for public improvements and private development to promote season-long and year-round enjoyment and appreciation of the waterfront.
Location: Area is bound by York Boulevard to the west, Cannon Street to the south, Wellington Street to the east and Hamilton Harbour to the north.
- February 26, 2014 - Council approved the Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendments for Piers 6 and 7.
- February 4, 2014 - Statutory Public Meeting to consider OPA to the former City of Hamilton Official Plan and ZBA to Zoning By-law 6593 to implement the West Harbour Recreation Master Plan. Staff Report
- January 17, 2014 - The City initiated Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendments for Pier 6 and 7 to permit some of the uses proposed in the West Harbour Waterfront Recreational Master Plan for these piers.
- December 27, 2012 – Secondary Plan approved by the Ontario Municipal Board
- June 26, 2012 - A decision on the CN Rail Appeal was issued by the Ontario Municipal Board. By-law 12-163 and By-law 12-164
- April 2005 - Secondary Plan appealed to the Ontario Municipal Board.
Approved Secondary Plan
November 24, 2022