Schedule changes effective as of Sunday, December 27, 2020.
- Routes 1, 2, 4, 5, 11, 12, 16, 18, 20, 43, 44, 52A are operating regular weekday service
- Route 42 - MOHAWK EAST operating on Saturdays
- Routes 3, 6, 7, 8, 10, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 33, 34, 35, 41, 55, 58 are operating a reduced weekday service (service reduced during peak periods only)
- Routes 9 - ROCK GARDENS, 51 - UNIVERSITY, 56 - CENTENNIAL, and 99 - WATERFRONT SHUTTLE will not operate.
- School Extras - HSR will continue to monitor the demand and supplementary buses may be added on a route by route basis if necessary, to reduce capacity problems should they arise
- Customers are encouraged look at the PDF timetables on our website for each route description for further details on frequencies.
- CHRISTMAS DAY (Friday, December 25, 2020)
- Special Holiday level of service will operate from approximately 6 am to 9 pm on routes that normally operate on Sundays.
- Routes 9, 10, 12, 16, 18, 20, 42, 51, 52A and 56 will not operate.
- BOXING DAY (Saturday, December 26, 2020)
- A Saturday level of service will operate on routes 1, 2, 21, 25, 26, 41 and 43.
- There will be no service on 9, 10, 12, 16, 18, 20, 42, 51, 52A and 56.
- A Sunday level of service will operate on all other routes.
- NEW YEAR’S EVE (Thursday, December 31, 2020)
- The Hamilton Street Railway will operate a regular weekday service on December 31st, 2020
- To encourage safe celebrations at home with your immediate household, HSR will not be offering free or extended service for New Year’s Eve. The safety of the community, and our employees is our number one priority.
- NEW YEAR’S DAY (Friday, January 1, 2021)
- The Hamilton Street Railway will operate on a Sunday / Holiday level of service, with service ending at 9 pm.
HSRnow Mobile App
Our new HSRnow mobile app allows you to plan your trips and find real-time next bus updates for your stop. You can use the app to:
- plan your trips from A-to-B;
- get real-time next bus information for close-by stops;
- sign up to receive stop and route notifications, and text or email alerts.
- Sign up for stop, route or general alerts and personalize your HSRnow experience. You can also save your favourite locations, landmarks and bus routes
See here for more information about our HSRnow suite of products
Mask Compliance on the HSR
Phasing Out Paper Tickets and Paper Passes
As of October 31, 2020, HSR has ended the sale of paper tickets and paper monthly passes.
- HSR will continue to accept paper tickets already purchased until December 31, 2020.
- As of November 1, 2020, passes will be available only on a PRESTO card. View more information about the benefits of PRESTO
- Residents who are 80 years and older will receive a one-time free PRESTO Card when they obtain their Golden Age pass for unlimited free transit in Hamilton.
- PRESTO E-Tickets are also available as an alternative to paper tickets for HSR customers– using a smartphone and a credit card, you can pay with the PRESTO E-Tickets mobile app. PRESTO E-Tickets cost the same price as paper tickets and allow for a 2-hour transfer window. View more information about the PRESTO E-Tickets App
- A special purpose ticket will be created for social agencies and school boards that utilize paper tickets to support their clients; and available at the Customer Service Office at 36 Hunter Street East. Customers may also purchase up to two (2) special purpose tickets at a time at the Customer Service Office.
HSR Customer Service Line
Recommendations, complaints or requests?
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4 pm
Email: [email protected]
Real-time Info on the Go
Online: Visit hamilton.ca/hsrnow to plan your trip, get your bus time, find your route schedule or sign up for alerts.
Text Message: Text “HSRnow ####” (your stop number) to 25370. Standard message rates may apply.
Twitter: Follow @HSRnow for service cancellations and alerts.
Phone: Call 905-527-4441 to get next bus info for your stop or to speak with a representative (7:30 am to 8 pm daily).
Like us on Facebook
@HamiltonStreetRailway is the official Facebook account for HSR providing updates, news and customer service. Monitored Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm. Like us today!
- Date modified: