Schedule changes effective as of Sunday September 6, 2020.
- Routes 1, 2, 4, 5, 11, 12, 16, 18, 20, 43, 44, 52A are operating regular weekday service.
- Routes 3, 6, 7, 8, 10, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 33, 34, 35, 41, 55, 58 are operating a reduced weekday service (service reduced during peak periods only).
- Routes 9 - ROCK GARDENS (Sundays/Holidays) and 56 - CENTENNIAL (Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays) are operating their normal weekend schedule.
- Route 42 - MOHAWK EAST will be in operation on Saturdays
- Route 51 - UNIVERSITY is cancelled.
- Days of service and hours of service (approx.) are listed in the description of the route on the PDF schedules page, but not frequency (as it changes numerous times each day during the weekday, Saturday and Sunday). Customers can look at the PDF timetables for each route description for further details on frequencies.
- THANKSGIVING DAY (Monday, October 12) - Regular Sunday schedules will operate, with span reduction in the late evening having the last trips departing from downtown at 10:00 PM.
- CHRISTMAS DAY (Friday, December 25) - A reduced holiday service will operate from approximately 6 AM to 9 PM.
- BOXING DAY (Saturday, December 26) - Routes 1, 2, 21, 25, 26, 41 and 43 will operate a Saturday schedule. All other routes will operate a Sunday schedule.There will be no service on 9, 10, 12, 16, 18, 20, 42, 51, 52, 56.
Lost and Found
HSR Lost and Found is now open at reduced capacity. Due to COVID-19, pick-up times for items may be delayed.
If you have lost somethings on the HSR, please call us between 8:30 am to 4:30 pm at 905-546-2424 ext. 1882
Phasing Out Paper Tickets and Paper Passes
HSR is phasing out paper tickets and paper monthly passes.
- HSR will discontinue paper monthly passes on October 31, 2020. Starting November 1, 2020, passes will be available only on a PRESTO card.
- Paper tickets will stop being sold on October 31, 2020. After that time tickets will only be available on a PRESTO card.
- HSR will continue to accept paper tickets already purchased until December 31, 2020.
- Residents who are 80 years and older will receive a one-time free PRESTO Card when they obtain their Golden Age pass for unlimited free transit in Hamilton.
- A special purpose ticket will be created for social agencies and school boards that utilize paper tickets to support their clients; and available at the Customer Service Office at 36 Hunter Street East. Customers may also purchase up to two (2) special purpose tickets at a time at the Customer Service Office.
HSR Customer Service Line
Recommendations, complaints or requests?
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4 pm
Email: [email protected]
Real-time Info on the Go
Online: Visit hamilton.ca/hsrnow to plan your trip, get your bus time, find your route schedule or sign up for alerts.
Text Message: Text “HSRnow ####” (your stop number) to 25370. Standard message rates may apply.
Twitter: Follow @HSRnow for service cancellations and alerts.
Phone: Call 905-527-4441 to get next bus info for your stop or to speak with a representative (7:30 am to 8 pm daily).
Like us on Facebook
@HamiltonStreetRailway is the official Facebook account for HSR providing updates, news and customer service. Monitored Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm. Like us today!
- Date modified: