Fieldcote is a cultural heritage centre with an emphasis on the collection, preservation and exhibition of local history, the promotion of fine arts and the celebration of natural heritage through beautiful landscaped gardens and walking trails.
Explore ‘Stories From the Edge’, an exhibition celebrating the history of Ancaster. Set on the edge of the Niagara Escarpment, with a bounty of water and resources, Ancaster has attracted humans since the retreat of the last glacier over 10,000 years ago. Using 31 stories and artifacts, one for every year the museum has been open, this exhibition offers snapshots of Ancaster’s history from the earliest human occupants to present day.
Adult workshops and children’s activities are available upon request. Fieldcote offers:
- Award-winning pesticide-free gardens
- A summer concert series
- Rotating art and history exhibits
- A meeting place for local groups
Ancaster Old Town Hall
Fieldcote manages historic Ancaster Old Town Hall. Built in 1870, it's one of the finest pieces of stone architecture in Ancaster and a unique venue for hosting wedding ceremonies and receptions, family gatherings and public events.
Buy your general admission tickets online to Fieldcote Memorial Park & Museum
To accelerate the on-site registration process, ticket-holders are asked to complete a COVID-19 self-assessment on the day of their visit.
Tickets must be purchased in advance and are non-refundable and non-transferrable. Regular admission rates and hours of operation apply to all events unless otherwise indicated.
- $5.00 for adults ages 18 to 59
- $4.25 for seniors ages 60 and above
- $4.25 for students ages 13 to 17. Students must show valid student ID.
- $3 for children ages 6 to 12
- Infants who are five years old or younger visit for free
- $13.75 for a family of two adults and unlimited dependent children under 18 years old
Tickets must be purchased in advance and are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
The museum is only partially wheelchair accessible. Call for more details.
Location & hours
Free on-site parking.
The Museum is open year-round.
- Tuesday to Saturday, 12 to 4 pm or by appointment.
- Closed on Sundays and Mondays, Good Friday, Canada Day, Christmas Day through to New Year's Day
- Guests are welcome to wander through the gardens any time.
The purchase of a $200 permit is required for all outdoor photography involving 10 or more people. Please call the museum to book your time.
Events at Fieldcote
We host a variety of events, workshops and exhibitions at Fieldcote throughout the year. No two trips are ever the same! View all Hamilton Civic Museums Events
Test your knowledge of Hamilton with our Hamilton Civic Museums’ Crossword
- Date modified: