Fieldcote is a cultural heritage centre with an emphasis on the collection, preservation and exhibition of local history, the promotion of fine arts and the celebration of natural heritage through beautiful landscaped gardens and walking trails. Adult workshops and children’s activities are available upon request.
- Rotating art and history exhibits
- A summer concert series
- Award-winning pesticide-free gardens
- A meeting place for local groups
Regular admission rates and hours of operation apply to all events unless otherwise indicated.
- $3.50 for adults ages 18 to 59
- $3 for seniors ages 60 and above
- $3 for students ages 13 to 17. Students must show valid student ID.
- $2.50 for children ages 6 to 12
- Infants who are five years old or younger visit for free
- $10 for a family of two adults and unlimited dependent children under 18 years old
Location & hours
The Museum is open year-round.
- Tuesday to Saturday, 1 to 5 pm or by appointment.
- Closed on Sundays and Mondays, Good Friday, Canada Day, Christmas Day through to New Year's Day
- Guests are welcome to wander through the gardens any time.
The purchase of a $175 permit is required for all outdoor photography involving 10 or more people. Please call the museum to book your time.
Events at Fieldcote
We host a variety of events, workshops and exhibitions at Fieldcote throughout the year. No two trips are ever the same!
Exhibit: A Forest of Christmas Trees
November 22, 2016 to December 24, 2016
Time: 1 to 5 pm (Tuesday to Saturday)
Community groups, citizens and businesses are invited to decorate and submit a Christmas tree by Friday, November 11, 2016, for the chance to win a prize. Fieldcote will then select successful entrants and supply six-foot trees and stands. Participants are asked to provide decorations, lights (minis only for fire safety) and an attractive sign for their group. To inquire about participating in the decorating contest, contact Fieldcote Memorial Park & Museum directly at email@example.com or call 905-648-8144.
Visitors attending this special exhibit will be the judges and will vote for their favourite tree. The winners will be announced on Friday, December 16, 2014 at “The Big Sing!" Cost: Adults $3.50, Seniors/Youth $3, Children $2.50, Infants Free, Family $10
Magical Evening Opening of Forest of Christmas Trees
Wednesday, November 23, 2016
Time: 6 to 8 pm
Please join us for a magical evening opening of our Forest of Christmas Trees exhibition. Explore the “forest” and vote for your favourite trees while enjoying hot cider, festive treats and music. Free event.
The Big Sing!
Friday, December 16, 2016
Time: 7 to 9 pm
Embrace the holiday spirit at the historic Ancaster Old Town Hall, 310 Wilson Street, for live music, hot cider, treats and Christmas Tree Awards. Enjoy a delightful concert and a carol sing-along. Cost: $10 per person. $20 per family.
- Date modified: