The Municipal Election is on Monday, October 24, 2022.
Important dates for 2022
- May 2, 2022: 1st day for candidates to file a nomination paper for the office of Mayor, Councillor, or School Board Trustee. Also, 1st day for an individual, corporation, or trade union to file a notice of registration as a Third Party Advertiser.
- August 19, 2022 @ 2pm: Deadline for candidates to file their nomination papers, nomination for a different office or withdrawal of nomination.
- August 22, 2022 Immediately after 4pm: Acclamations will be announced
- September 1, 2022: Voters’ List available to candidates
- September 23, 2022: Final spending limits provided to candidates and registered third-party advertiser. Final self-contribution limit provided to candidates running for Mayor and Councilor (does not apply to School Board Trustee candidates)
- September 26, 2022: First day that elections signs may be placed
- Advanced polls:
- October 7, 2022: 10 am to 8 pm
- October 8, 2022: 10 am to 5 pm
- October 14, 2022: 10 am to 8 pm
- October 15, 2022: 10 am to 5 pm
- October 21, 2022 @ 4:30pm: Deadline for an individual, corporation, or trade union to file a notice of registration as a third-party advertiser.
- October 24, 2022: VOTING DAY
- October 27, 2022 @11:59pm: All elections signs must be removed
Important dates for 2023
- January 3, 2023: End of campaign period for candidates and third-party advertisers. Last day to file a Notice of Extension, Form 6, to continue campaigning to erase a deficit
- March 31, 2023 @ 2pm: Deadline for candidates and third-party advertisers to file the initial financial statement
- June 30, 2023: End of extended campaign period
- September 29, 2023 @ 2pm: Deadline for candidates and third-party advertisers to file the supplementary financial statement (applies only to those who extended their campaign period)
- Date modified: