Recreation Facility Rentals
The City of Hamilton offers rentals for ice, sports fields, parks, community halls, recreation centres and pools for special events, weddings, birthday parties and other sports activities. If your event includes providing alcoholic beverages, please see the Municipal Alcohol Policy (PDF, KB).
Rental rules & conditions
Full Terms and Conditions are provided with a rental permit.
All fees are due at time of booking. Permits will not be issued and access to facility will not be granted until payment is received.
- In person - Cash, Debit, Visa, MasterCard
- By phone - Visa or MasterCard only
- Mail, Fax or Email submission – Visa or MasterCard only
Cancellations & changes
Cancellations and changes are subject to the following terms:
- 2 weeks notice (14 days) is required to cancel a previously issued permit.
- All bookings made within 14 days of the event date are final, non-refundable, and non-transferrable.
- Events with more than 75 people require 30 days notice.
- Full refunds are provided if appropriate notice is given.
- Rentals must be at least 1 hour or more in length.
- Rentals less than 1 hour will be subject to Supervisor approval.
- Ice rentals are by the hour only.
Supervision of space
The renter is responsible for ensuring appropriate supervision of space, including:
- At least 1 adult is present for every 10 children for room/gym activities.
- Pool admission criteria is met for aquatic activities.
- Activities conducted in a safe, non-contact manner, and equipment is used safely and as per its intended use.
- City staff retain the right to enter the rented space at any time. Renter and attendees are required to follow directions provided by City staff at all times.
All City of Hamilton rentals require insurance.
- Option 1 - Supply insurance through your own provider by providing a valid certificate of General Liability Insurance evidencing proof of Commercial Liability Insurance with minimum coverage of $2,000,000 per occurrence and endorsed to include the City of Hamilton as additionally insured.
- Option 2 - For a small fee, the City of Hamilton offers liability insurance to eligible events through its Game Day insurance program.
- Additional Third Party Insurance required - If you are using bouncy castles, carnival equipment, fireworks etc. the third party will be required to provide a valid certificate of General Liability Insurance evidencing proof of Commercial Liability Insurance with minimum coverage of $5,000,000 per occurrence and endorsed to include the City of Hamilton as additionally insured.
- Additional Third Party License - A license is required for each "Place of Amusement" business participating in the event. It is up to the service provider (not the event organizer) to ensure they have an amusement license in place for an event. Licenses are required for all raffles, bingos and break open ticket activities (games of chance). These licenses are only issued to eligible organizations that are registered as Charitable, Religious or Non-profit organizations.
- All events serving alcohol must obtain the proper liquor license by applying to the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario
Setting up/ taking down/ cleaning up
The renter is responsible for all set up, take down, and cleaning of spaces rented and must:
- Include set up and take down times within the rental times permitted. Extra fees will be applied if rental occurs outside of permitted times or goes late.
- Identify on the rental application if any assistance is required for set up or take down (subject to staff availability and additional fees).
- Clean up any decorations, wrapping, spills, or outside equipment brought into the space using the supplies and garbage provided, and return the room to original condition. Extra charges are applied if not completed.
Termination of agreement
- Permits are subject to termination from the City of Hamilton in unforeseen circumstances or facility closures. Refunds are provided, however no further compensation for losses will be given.
- Permits are subject to termination from the City of Hamilton if the terms and conditions of the permit are not met. Refunds are not provided when terms and conditions are breached by the renting party.
Community hall locations available
Beasley Community Centre
145 Wilson Street, Hamilton
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 4535
Beverly Township Hall
795 Old Highway 8, Rockton
Binbrook Memorial Hall
2600 Highway 56, Binbrook
Carlisle Memorial Hall
273 Carlisle Road, Carlisle
Churchill Park Clubhouse
167 Cline Avenue North, Hamilton
Eastmount Community Centre
115 E 26th Street, Hamilton
Millgrove Community Centre
855 Millgrove Side Road, Millgrove
2133 Centre Road, Flamborough
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 5590
Mount Hope Community Hall
3027 Homestead Drive, Mt. Hope
Simone Hall (Old Beasley)
133 Wilson Street, Hamilton
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 4535
Sealey Park Scout Hall
115 Main Street South, Waterdown
Sheffield Community Hall
2339 5th Concession Road West, Sheffield
Valens Community Hall
1818 Valens Road, Flamborough
Victoria Park Clubhouse
516 King Street West, Hamilton
Waterdown Memorial Hall
317 Dundas Street, Waterdown
Rental fees - meeting rooms and gymnasiums effective July 1, 2020
If your rental exceeds eight hours, you will only be charged for the daily max amount of eight hours (excluding commercial and non-resident rentals). Prices include all applicable taxes. Additional fees may apply.
- Arts & Crafts Room
- Meeting Room
- Premium Room
- Gymnasium (full)
Rental fees - arena ice time effective July 1, 2020
All rentals are for 50 minutes of ice time and 10 minutes for ice maintenance. Prices include all applicable taxes. Additional fees may apply.
$330.51 per hour
$178.63 per hour
Can only be booked by the 1 point person of an organization that is an approved City of Hamilton Affiliated Ice User Group for sanctioned activities
Last Minute Ice
$178.63 per hour
48 hours prior to use, non-refundable
Rental fees - pools effective July 1, 2020
Prices include all applicable taxes. Additional fees may apply.
- Hot/Teach pool with one guard, up to 30 swimmers
$82.77 per hour
$132.44 per hour
- Traditional pools with two guards
$151.30 per hour
$242.08 per hour
- Specialty pools with two guards
$242.08 per hour
$376.04 per hour
*Must be rented in conjunction with Category B or Category C Pool. Extra guard fees will be charged for each hour being rented alone or capacity exceeds 30 swimmers.
- Ancaster Aquatic Centre (Teach Pool Only)
- Huntington Park Recreation Centre (Teach Pool Only)
- Norman Pinky Lewis Recreation Centre (Teach Pool Only)
- Sir Allan MacNab Recreation Centre (Teach Pool Only)
- Stoney Creek Recreation Centre (Spa and Teach Pool)
- Valley Park Aquatic Centre (Teach Pool Only)
- Westmount Recreation Centre (Leisure Pool Only)
- Ancaster Aquatic Centre (Lap Pool Only)
- Bennetto Community Centre
- Bernie Morelli Recreation Centre
- Central Memorial Recreation Centre
- Dalewood Recreation Centre
- Dominic Agostino Riverdale Community Centre
- Dundas Community Pool
- Huntington Park Recreation Centre (Leisure & Lap Pool Only)
- Hill Park Recreation Centre
- H.G Brewster Pool
- Jimmy Thompson Pool
- Norman Pinky Lewis Recreation Centre
- Ryerson Recreation Centre
- Sir Allan MacNab Recreation Centre (Lap Pool Only)
- Sir Wilfrid Laurier Recreation Centre
- Sir Winston Churchill Recreation Centre
- Ancaster Lions Outdoor Pool
- Birge Outdoor Pool
- Chedoke Outdoor Pool
- Coronation Outdoor Pool
- Green Acres Outdoor Pool
- Inch Park Outdoor Pool
- Parkdale Outdoor Pool
- Rosedale Outdoor Pool
- Victoria Outdoor Pool
- Walker Outdoor Pool
- Stoney Creek Recreation Centre (Lap Pool Only)
- Westmount Recreation Centre (Lap Pool Only)
- Valley Park Aquatic Centre (Lap Pool Only)
Additional pool rental fees
- Extra Guard need for more than 75 people. Fee $46.57/hour
- If the number of people are between 75-149, one extra guard fee is added to the hourly rental fee.
- If numbers are in between 150-400, two extra guard fees are added to the hourly pool rental fee.
- If numbers are in between 400-550, three extra guard fees are added to the hourly pool rental fee.
- Slide Fee is $112.86/hour. Slides are located at Valley Park, Huntington Park, Stoney Creek and Westmount
- Date modified: