Hamilton Children’s Museum invites young visitors to stretch their imagination as they touch, build and experiment in a friendly, child-focused setting. Home to interactive, hands-on galleries, the museum encourages learning through self-directed play.
Newly renovated gallery exhibits take their inspiration from Hamilton’s natural landscape and how it is used by people and other living things:
- The Summers Theatre Stage, inspired by the popular theatre that once sat atop Wentworth Street incline railway on the escarpment
- The Building Gallery, featuring Gage Park and its transformation from family orchard to urban greenspace
- The Ship Gallery, featuring above and below deck activities, including a galley kitchen, a cargo boom and a musical ship whistle
Housed in an 1875 farmhouse in beautiful Gage Park, the museum was once home to Hamilton’s Gage Family. It has been providing family-friendly learning opportunities to the public for more than 30 years.
Hamilton Children’s Museum welcomes schools, community organizations, daycare classes and group bookings. During busy times, there may be a short, outdoor wait and visits may be limited to one hour. Visitors can call ahead to find out if there is a line up on the day they are visiting.
Regular admission rates and hours of operation apply to all events unless otherwise indicated.
- $2 for adults ages 18 to 59
- $2 for seniors ages 60 and above
- $2 for youth ages 13 to 18
- $4 for children ages 1 to 12
- Infants who are under 1 year visit for free
- $9 for a family of two adults and unlimited dependent children under 18 years old
Location & hours
The Museum is open year-round.
October 1 to March 31
Wednesday to Saturday, 9:30 am to 3:30 pm
Sunday, 11 am to 4 pm
April 1 to September 30
Tuesday to Saturday, 9:30 am to 3:30 pm
Closed on Mondays, Good Friday, Canada Day, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
Events at the Children's Museum
We host a variety of events, workshops and exhibitions at the Hamilton Children's Museum throughout the year. No two trips are ever the same!
Families can enjoy semi-structured preschool programming and a visit to the children’s museum. Enjoy songs, activities, story-time, sensory play, and a craft with a different theme each week. Suitable for ages 0 to 4 yrs.
Time: 10 to 11 am & 2 to 3 pm
Cost: Regular admission rates
Phone: 905-546-4848 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sept 28 - In Your Neighbourhood
Oct 5 - Thanksgiving
Oct 12 - On the Farm
Oct 19 - All About Me
Oct 26 - Halloween
Nov 2 - Mad Hatter's Tea Party
Nov 9 - Sesame Street
Nov 16 - Construction
Nov 23 - Tooth Fairy
Nov 30 - Superheroes
Dec 7 - Clifford the Big Red Dog
Dec 14 - Gingerbread and Cookies
Dec 21 - Snow
Blue Year’s Eve
Saturday, December 31, 2016
Time: 9:30 am to 3:30 pm
Celebrate a family New Year at the Hamilton Children’s Museum. Visit all three galleries, join in on 6 count down throughout the day. Have fun with indoor and outdoor activities to say good bye to the past year and hello to the New Year!
- Date modified: