Hamilton Children’s Museum invites young visitors to stretch their imagination as they touch, build and experiment in a friendly, child-focused setting. Home to interactive, hands-on galleries, the museum encourages learning through self-directed play.
Newly renovated gallery exhibits take their inspiration from Hamilton’s natural landscape and how it is used by people and other living things:
- The Summers Theatre Stage, inspired by the popular theatre that once sat atop Wentworth Street incline railway on the escarpment
- The Building Gallery, featuring Gage Park and its transformation from family orchard to urban greenspace
- The Ship Gallery, featuring above and below deck activities, including a galley kitchen, a cargo boom and a musical ship whistle
Housed in an 1875 farmhouse in beautiful Gage Park, the museum was once home to Hamilton’s Gage Family. It has been providing family-friendly learning opportunities to the public for more than 30 years.
Hamilton Children’s Museum welcomes schools, community organizations, daycare classes and group bookings. During busy times, there may be a short, outdoor wait and visits may be limited to one hour. Visitors can call ahead to find out if there is a line up on the day they are visiting.
Regular admission rates and hours of operation apply to all events unless otherwise indicated.
- $2 for adults ages 18 to 59
- $2 for seniors ages 60 and above
- $2 for youth ages 13 to 18
- $4 for children ages 1 to 12
- Infants who are under 1 year visit for free
- $9 for a family of two adults and unlimited dependent children under 18 years old
Location & hours
The Museum is open year-round.
October 1 to March 31
Wednesday to Saturday, 9:30 am to 3:30 pm
Sunday, 11 am to 4 pm
April 1 to September 30
Tuesday to Saturday, 9:30 am to 3:30 pm
Closed on Mondays, Good Friday, Canada Day, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
Events at the Children's Museum
We host a variety of events, workshops and exhibitions at the Hamilton Children's Museum throughout the year. No two trips are ever the same!
Canada 150 Celebration at Children's Museum
In partnership with Hamilton Community Foundation the Children’s Museum be open on Sunday July 2, 2017.
International Talk Like a Pirate Day
Arrrh! Shiver me timbers! If ya don’t visit us on this day be prepared to “Take a long walk on a short plank!”
Blue Year’s Eve
Celebrate a family New Year at the Hamilton Children’s Museum. Visit all three galleries and join in on six 'count downs' throughout the day.
- Date modified: